• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If Pujols is Healthy in 2014

Stradling

What kind of stats will he put up? By healthy I mean no trips to the DL and he plays 150 games, some at first, some at DH. Here's what I expect if healthy:

30 HRs

110 RBI

95 RUNS

Second question is if he is healthy and puts up those numbers are you happy? I don't want this thread to turn into a bitchfest about whether or not he can stay healthy, this is assuming he is healthy, what kind of stats will he produce.

Uh of course we would be happy with numbers like that, but that's the problem with this team right now it's too reliant on expecting a bunch of dude's to turn it around or produce like they have never done before. 

I don't think he hits like that ever again though I'd say something like .275 25 90 if he plays 155 games is best case scenario. 

Healthy he probably has a year similar to what you have said. Although, I wonder if his average would be that high. Maybe .290 average with the rest of those numbers, I would guess.

I was teetering back and fourth between .295 and .305. I saw him in Texas last year at the beginning of the year and his stroke looked so good. He seemed like he was hitting double after double at the beginning of the year. So I went with the higher projection. I am sure there are the stat guys that will pick this apart, but if healthy and semi mobile (able to move where it doesn't look like each step is going to be his last) I expect solid numbers.

Uh of course we would be happy with numbers like that, but that's the problem with this team right now it's too reliant on expecting a bunch of dude's to turn it around or produce like they have never done before.

I don't think he hits like that ever again though I'd say something like .275 25 90 if he plays 155 games is best case scenario.

Those numbers are also quite possible, and I guess in order to call those numbers a success he would have to walk a ton.

What kind of stats will he put up? By healthy I mean no trips to the DL and he plays 150 games, some at first, some at DH. Here's what I expect if healthy:

30 HRs

110 RBI

95 RUNS

Second question is if he is healthy and puts up those numbers are you happy? I don't want this thread to turn into a bitchfest about whether or not he can stay healthy, this is assuming he is healthy, what kind of stats will he produce.

If he puts up those numbers yeah I'd definitely be happy. It's clear we aren't going to get the Pujols of old(.330 BA, 40+ HR), so no sense dwelling on it. Those projected numbers are excellent however and would help the team a ton especially if Hamilton can compliment it with a boost in his production. That combined with Trout doing Trout things would just make the entire lineup better and well, that's obviously what the team was hoping to have when they signed them in the first place

I still think he's capable of hitting .290+/.900 with 30+ HR. Whether he will, who knows. But if he's healthy, I think he reaches those numbers.

I wouldn't even be surprised to see him hit even better as I think he's determined to prove that he's not in decline so he's going to be ultra-focused. But if the foot starts acting up again...all bets are off.

First year he probably was dealing with the pressure of his contract. He actually had pretty decent stats in the second half of 2012 once he got comfortable. Last year he was obviously injured. I think this year is when we really see what we have in Pujols if he is healthy. Especially if Hamilton comes around this year who was probably dealing with the same pressure Pujols was in the first half of 2012

I know this has already been said a few times in other threads, but if both of those guys hit then we don't need to go get great pitching. If both those guys hit, then last years plan probably works, assuming we don't sign Blanton part 2 or Hansen part 2. If we get league average starters with the offense we are suppose to have then this could be a 90 win team.

I know this has already been said a few times in other threads, but if both of those guys hit then we don't need to go get great pitching. If both those guys hit, then last years plan probably works, assuming we don't sign Blanton part 2 or Hansen part 2. If we get league average starters with the offense we are suppose to have then this could be a 90 win team.

Lets spend the extra cash and get someone above league avg just in case.

Lets spend the extra cash and get someone above league avg just in case.

Show me that guy and I will agree with you. I think we go after the best we can get right now without giving up a pick then sign another bullpen arm, someone like Howell. I don't know who else is available for the pen on the open market, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting one more pen arm. Turn it into a five inning game again like it use to be. If we could sign two starters I would strongly consider trading Trumbo or Howie in a package that included Tyler Clippard just to strengthen the pen. However I wouldn't trade one of those guys if the rotation hasn't been solidified first.

After he was a wreck for about a month his first year, this was his line:

124g

543pa

42 dbl

29 hr

96 rbi

46bb/60k

.309/.370/.574/.944

His production wasn't off last year because he went into steep decline.  He was injured.  When he's not, he's still a relative monster.  No what he was, but there is no reason to think he won't get close to that.

He's gonna be huge this year

.300 avg

.950 ops

Show me that guy and I will agree with you. I think we go after the best we can get right now without giving up a pick then sign another bullpen arm, someone like Howell. I don't know who else is available for the pen on the open market, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting one more pen arm. Turn it into a five inning game again like it use to be. If we could sign two starters I would strongly consider trading Trumbo or Howie in a package that included Tyler Clippard just to strengthen the pen. However I wouldn't trade one of those guys if the rotation hasn't been solidified first.

What about Garza?  I know he isnt great but is better than whats out on the market and wont cost a draft pick.

.285, 28 HR, 90 RBI. 25 GIDP.

boom, those numbers sound good, if not SLIGHTLY optimistic

cue the "fans" here who say a player will do good/great, then bash him after seasons end when he sucks

ala joe blanton, josh hamilton, jerome williams, etc

Edited by notherhalo

Uh, in 99 games he had 17 HR and 19 2B, with 64 RBI. That's 26 HR and 99 HR, with a foot he couldn't put any weight on!