• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariners sign Cano to 10yr/$240 mill deal

John Shay

Well I'd say we're the favorites for last place right now and that's not even me being a failo. With DiPoto doing nothing and the other three teams in our division massively improving we can officially treat this as Scioscia's farewell tour. SEASON OVER!

If you think we will finish below the Astros then yes you are being a failo.

Since we don't know Cano the person this is an ignorant thing to say. Maybe he wanted to live a quieter life in Seattle. Maybe NY was too busy for him and he wanted something different. Maybe he wanted to be the man, that helps a team finally get to the world series. Maybe he felt good about the meeting and likes the direction of the team. Maybe he hated the million press people there everyday in the clubhouse. Maybe he has a very close friend on Seattle. I think NY is a great city to visit, one of my favorites actually, but would I be happier living in NY than Seattle? Hell no.

If it were all about the quieter life in Seattle then he would have taken the lesser first offer. It was greed motivated.

If it were all about the quieter life in Seattle then he would have taken the lesser first offer. It was greed motivated.

you're absolutely ridiculous.  stop with the self righteousness and grow up.  these are professional athletes trying to maximize the amount of money they make. it's a business. He's not hurting anyone, he's not selling sub-prime mortgages, he's not manipulating the stock market - he's playing for a different baseball team that will pay him more money. Jesus. 

Edited by WallyWorld

Not as dumb as Seattle or whoever was behind the Hamilton deal?

All BS aside -- good for the Ms to finally get a bat of that caliber to agree to sign with them.

It was kind of like the Werth deal in DC. DC knew they had to overpay to start to get talent to sign with them so they did what they had to do. Now, the next time a free agent is out there Seattle becomes at option, where as before, you couldn't really say that.

No shit, Einstein. You'd be just as greedy in his shoes.

So who plays 2nd for the Yankees now? Might they get in on Howie?

i'd think they'd be interested in Howie, especially given how much Howie tears them up, but the problem is I can't imagine they're in a position to give us young pitching talent.  they're in the same boat we are.

edit: and I forgot about Kelly Johnson as well.

Edited by WallyWorld