• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariners sign Cano to 10yr/$240 mill deal

John Shay

After watching Arte and the A's the last two offseasons, the Mariners really think this is the way to win? I think they need an intervention for most of the MLB owners and lock them up in rehab during the off-season. These guys are like junkies. They know they're hurting their teams, but they just can't help themselves. It's really embarrassing to watch year after year. Has signing a guy to this kind of contract EVER helped a franchise in the long run??? How about the short run??? How about take half that money and go out and acquire several good players, then take the other half and put it into international scouting and minor league player development and see which way they would be better off.

Who says they don't spend more?

Didn't say they wouldn't. Still, every club has a budget and this money could have been used in better ways and built a close to complete team. They may go for Price but do you see them really signing two or three more big FA? That would surprise everyone. 

Yes, because landing more than $60 million is the wrong thing to do...

Please explain why this was the wrong thing to do? I would have done the same thing Cano did.

There is a point where another $60 million is not going to change the clothes you wear, the house you own, the cars you drive or the food you eat. It won't even change the size of Island you buy, so why choose more money just for more money?

Cano took his World Series rings and said I have done enough now I just want money. I am sure you would have done the same thing, it is a narrow minded view of how to live.

Good luck to Cano but not so much he ever sees a playoff game over the Angels.

How in the world does Cano get a Pujols contract? Say what you want about Pujols now, his contract was given to him based off how amazing his career was previously. Cano's career doesn't even come close to that of Pujols.

Career yes doesn't come close.

I'm more worried about Pujols Angels career coming close to Cano's Mariner career.

Seriously this move alone hurts the Angels in so many ways.

Yanks now have the Cano money freed up and they still want pitching. Halos have little chance to outbid NY on the big arms. Already went over what this does for Seattle as well. Franklin up for trade + other pieces will likely take away from the Halos offering up Kendrick to teams

Good luck, Dipoto

There is a point where another $60 million is not going to change the clothes you wear, the house you own, the cars you drive or the food you eat. It won't even change the size of Island you buy, so why choose more money just for more money?

Cano took his World Series rings and said I have done enough now I just want money. I am sure you would have done the same thing, it is a narrow minded view of how to live.

Maybe Cano doesn't want to raise his family in NY, and instead thinks $60 million is enough to justify moving next door to Chuck?

Since we don't know Cano the person this is an ignorant thing to say. Maybe he wanted to live a quieter life in Seattle. Maybe NY was too busy for him and he wanted something different. Maybe he wanted to be the man, that helps a team finally get to the world series. Maybe he felt good about the meeting and likes the direction of the team. Maybe he hated the million press people there everyday in the clubhouse. Maybe he has a very close friend on Seattle. I think NY is a great city to visit, one of my favorites actually, but would I be happier living in NY than Seattle? Hell no.