• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariners sign Cano to 10yr/$240 mill deal

John Shay

Yeah, Stradling is right on the money.  

Getting FA to come here has been next to impossible.  They can usually get the same deal from a better team (which is pretty much any team) in a more hitter-friendly ballpark (which is pretty much any other ballpark) that's closer to most of their homes (which is pretty much any other location).  

Cano being successful at Safeco might reduce FA reticence to come here in the future.  

Overpaying for Cano was the only way to get him here, and the M's had to have a big free agent.  As scary as this deal is, I can't fault Nintendo for making this choice.  

Its a good deal. people seem to be conditioned to worrying about the distant future too much. 

wait..so you guys are giving props to Jay-Z for sending his client to Seattle? I'll give Jay-z props if he could have done that deal with a contender, not a desperate team that has been irrelevant for the last decade...anyone's mom could have done what Jay-Z did. lol

Good for Cano though since its obviously about the money.

I heard a snippet on Cowherd's show this a.m,  He said the Seattle Sounders drew an average of 30,000 for their soccer games and the Mariners only 13,000.  And, he said this was done to drive more interest in baseball.

I disagree with that.  When the M's were roaring in the mid-90s attendance was huge.  Shitty teams draw shitty crowds (except for Cubs games).

I heard a snippet on Cowherd's show this a.m,  He said the Seattle Sounders drew an average of 30,000 for their soccer games and the Mariners only 13,000.  And, he said this was done to drive more interest in baseball.

I disagree with that.  When the M's were roaring in the mid-90s attendance was huge.  Shitty teams draw shitty crowds (except for Cubs games).

They should look at our attendance after the Pujols signing. 

“How much more do you need? Could have got more, whatever. Who cares? If $85 million is not enough to take care of my family and generations to come, then I’m pretty stupid.”

-—Los Angeles Angels pitching ace Jered Weaver,after signing a 5 year, $85 million contract to stay with Angels.

Screw that.........6 years and $147M

Signed,

Zack Greinke

That's also how you stay a billionaire. Once you make your first billion if you stop doing anything, I'm guessing life would be somewhat boring. How do you get joy when you when never want for anything? Not knocking it, I would love to try to spend that kind of money and the challenge of staying grounded would be awesome. I know a billionaire, she seems pretty well grounded, but who knows.

I heard a snippet on Cowherd's show this a.m, He said the Seattle Sounders drew an average of 30,000 for their soccer games and the Mariners only 13,000. And, he said this was done to drive more interest in baseball.

I disagree with that. When the M's were roaring in the mid-90s attendance was huge. Shitty teams draw shitty crowds (except for Cubs games).

I could not agree more with your take.