• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Matt Garza?!?! Yes or No

Chuck

Should the Angels Sign Matt Garza?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Matt Garza?

• Yes, sign him
    • No, pass
    • Yes, but only if the price is right

I don't care how you spin the stats IP, Phil Hughes is not as good as Garza, who has yet to post an ERA over 4.00 in any of his full seasons except for his major league debut in 2006. That's 7 straight seasons with an ERA in the 3's, posting a decent WHIP and K rate.

CJ was the better pitcher.

I really don't want this guy on the Angels:

wwig1Dn.jpg

CJ Wilson didn't have the lengthy success that Matt Garza has had as a starting pitcher. CJ Wilson was douchy, and even after signing with the Angels he gave out Napoli's cell phone number.

Garza would be overpaid but unfortunately he is looking like the best option right now. I could see him having 2 years similar to what CJ did in 2012, then maybe 2 Vargas-esque seasons followed by one shitty one.

I don't want him, but the Angels need pitching and he is probably the best option available outside of Tanaka. Arroyo is going to get 3 years and that is absurd. Colon would be Ok if he's the number 4 starter and nothing more.

CJ Wilson didn't have the lengthy success that Matt Garza has had as a starting pitcher. CJ Wilson was douchy, and even after signing with the Angels he gave out Napoli's cell phone number.

Garza has also never been as good as CJ Wilson.  Oh well.

BTW, just shot you an email.

It would be great to get Garza.......at 4/60.  So I said yes, but what I think would be a reasonable contract for him is unreasonable. 

BTW, every time I see Anibal Sanchez listed among the leaders in some pitching category it makes me sad that we didn't make a run at him last year.