• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How bout that Petey!

I wouldn't use ST stats, but I am optimistic, given his immense talent and the fact that he's eliminated some weaknesses in his game and is adjusting. He could end up turning into a .290+ 30 DB 20 HR 30+ SB gold glove CF someday.  He could legitimately become one of the more valuable players in baseball eventually.  Let's keep in mind, he's still only 26.  He should still have seven more years of productive health in front of him, four of which will be with the Angels (assuming he's not dealt).  The best years for Peter Bourjos are still in front of him. 

All in all, it's an exciting time to be an Angel fan.  Our future has guys like Trout, Trumbo, Bourjos, Conger, Cowart, Richards and Maronde and right now we have the chance to see Weaver, Wilson, Hamilton and Pujols all on the same squad. 

All in all, it's an exciting time to be an Angel fan.  Our future has guys like Trout, Trumbo, Bourjos, Conger, Cowart, Richards and Maronde and right now we have the chance to see Weaver, Wilson, Hamilton and Pujols all on the same squad. 

I have a feeling Conger isn't going to be a part of the Angels future after this year.

Conger will be, mostly because this organization is smart enough to realize that switch hitting catchers that can hit for average and pop are a commodity, not something to be given away for free.  He'll never be a strong defensive catcher, but if he at least becomes adequate back there, his bat will make him one of the more valuable catchers in the league.

conger will be traded for a catcher that squats correctly behind home plate, has the extremely mathematically important low cera and doesn't bend to kiss sciocia's ass. the guy does have throwing trouble, but the bottom line is that our manager doesn't like him. probably doesn't block the plate with the legendary efficiency our manager had either.

I wouldn't use ST stats, but I am optimistic, given his immense talent and the fact that he's eliminated some weaknesses in his game and is adjusting. He could end up turning into a .290+ 30 DB 20 HR 30+ SB gold glove CF someday.  He could legitimately become one of the more valuable players in baseball eventually.  Let's keep in mind, he's still only 26.  He should still have seven more years of productive health in front of him, four of which will be with the Angels (assuming he's not dealt).  The best years for Peter Bourjos are still in front of him. 

If he bats that well he should be an all star!

Getting Excited about PBK's spring stats is the same as getting pissed about the Angels spring training record. It doesnt mean anything until it translates into the regular season. You're all about to get blue balls. Book It.

If Bourjos was sucking ass in spring so far, would you be saying "ah, it's just spring"?

I agree spring stats are not much to base expectations on.  However, it's still good to see him not struggling, even if it is only spring.  Pardon me for being a bit optimistic.  

While it's still early in spring.  And it's a small sample size.  For Pete, there is some correlation between spring and regular season that we should all be hopeful for.  

2010 .225/.304/450/.754

2011 .364/.471/.564/1.035

2012 .311/.394/.393/.787

2010 .204/.237/.381/.618

2011 .271/.327/.438/.765

2012 .220/.291/.315/.606

I'll take a .765ish Peter in CF.  

Speaking of Petey, we have about 98 Peter Bourjos bobbleheads to giveaway on Saturday. Compliments of the Angels!

this is the AW equivalent of Zambian kids wearing "Texas Rangers 2012 World Series Champions" t-shirts

I'll be sure to get Vernon that "Superior Stats in Spring Training" trophy.

It's made out of solid milk chocolate that I spray painted gold...which now that I think about it, probably just ruins the chocolate.

That would be great. Just make sure you get the PB " Inferior Stats in Spring Training" trophy that comes with it.

You don't want to break up the set.