• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How bout that Petey!

I am excited about PB performance this year, but I am being cautiious.  After all its only spring break.  I do believe if given the opportunity to play through slumps like all regulars go through 260+ BA will be a definite mark.  Add his defense to that numbers and he is a valuable player. 

disgusted with the gold glove. its as bad as the hall of lame i mean fame

I heard this year they're adding some statistical components to the gold glove now -- most will still be votes from the managers but the rest will be a composite of OPS+ and wOBA, and other offensive counting stats.

PB is hitting .333 with a .394 OBP and a .633 slugging in 33 Plate appearances in Spring Training. He's stolen 1 base and hit three triples.

Obviously those numbers are Mike Trout-eqsue, and are highly unlikely to translate to regular season numbers (he'd hit 59 triples in 650 PA if that was the case) but still, I expect big things offensively from PB in his return to regular duty. 

30 2B, 15 3B, 15 HR, with a .280-.290 average and a .335-.350 OBP. 30 SB are my high end predictions.

25 2B, 10 3B, 10 HR with a .270-.280 average and a .320-.335 OBP with 20 SB are my low end predictions.

Did somebody really cite ST stats?

ST stats are a double-edged sword.  For an established player you try not to put too much weight on bad performance in spring but you'll always wish for better.  You also don't get too excited when they perform well because it's expected.

But yeah, it's good that Bourjos is doing well so far.  Be honest, if he was stinking up the joint you wouldn't be saying "ah, it's just spring training."  A good performance is certainly reason for at least a bit of cautious optimism.