• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kinsler or Andrus Might be Traded

Andrus' contract (8/$120 million) makes Aybar's (4/$36 million) look like an absolute steal, both in duration and amount.    Aybar's and Andrus' WARs, save for 2013, have been similar back to 2010.   Andrus isn't necessarily getting any better as he's reached his mid 20s.

Same with Kinsler (5/$75 million) vs. Kendrick (4/$33 million), as Kinsler has slumped the past 2 seasons (.750 OPS). 

Edited by Angel Oracle

Their farm system has made all the difference.    Well, that and signing Beltre and Darvish.

I am noticing that, although not by a huge amount, they are declining since 2011.

These next few years will be very interesting.   They may have already seen their window close, as they have issues offensively now and a pitching staff that has some regular fluctuation to it.  Health has not been a good friend of the rotation, that's for dang sure.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Andrus' contract (8/$120 million) makes Aybar's (4/$36 million) look like an absolute steal, both in duration and amount.    Aybar's and Andrus' WARs, save for 2013, have been similar back to 2010.   Andrus isn't necessarily getting any better as he's reached his mid 20s.

Same with Kinsler (5/$75 million) vs. Kendrick (4/$33 million), as Kinsler has slumped the past 2 seasons (.750 OPS). 

*High Fives AO*

Whatever, Profar is overrated. Let them deal "proven" success so they can cripple their major league roster going forward.

I like it.

Oh yeah, Kinsler/Andrus are not that great either. 

**** the Rangers. 

Yeah, man. That 2b with a considerable injury history who still manages to average 5 war over an entire season is just terrible. And that shortstop who's putting up 4 war seasons before the age of 25 sucks. Oh, and that 20-year-old learning the ropes in MLB is overrated because he didn't become the AL MVP.

Yeah, man. That 2b with a considerable injury history who still manages to average 5 war over an entire season is just terrible. And that shortstop who's putting up 4 war seasons before the age of 25 sucks. Oh, and that 20-year-old learning the ropes in MLB is overrated because he didn't become the AL MVP.

MUST DEFEND MY TEAM ON ANOTHER TEAM'S FORUM

Their farm system has made all the difference.    Well, that and signing Beltre and Darvish.

I am noticing that, although not by a huge amount, they are declining since 2011.

These next few years will be very interesting.   They may have already seen their window close, as they have issues offensively now and a pitching staff that has some regular fluctuation to it.  Health has not been a good friend of the rotation, that's for dang sure.

Their window isn't closing soon. Whether or not they're wasting it by having a distinct managerial disadvantage is another question.

Well the considerable injury history part doesn't really strike confidence into an acquiring teams heart. A lot of the projection systems have Kinsler at about 3.5 WAR next season and he is on the wrong side of 30 so frankly you have to suck it up and say that his best days are behind him. His contract is about equal value right now so I don't think you'll get much back for him if an opposing team has to eat his whole salary.

Andrus on the other hand I think is valuable from a defensive standpoint. Profar just needs time to develop as not all prospects enter the big leagues and stomp the competition into the ground like Trout did, which you alluded too.

You do need to get off the Kinsler bandwagon, it is about to crash.

It's not much of an article. 

Kinsler is in decline and he's still owed a lot of money. No thanks. Andrus has been somewhat of a disappointment, and the Rangers signed him to a big money contract. 

With all the love for Kinsler on this board, I'm trying to imagine the implosion if he were one of our offseason acquisitions.

I dont see any team taking on the Kinsler contract unless Ranger's pay part of it.  I would also assume that the Ranger's really just want to trade Kinsler and not Andrus as they can slot Profar in for Kinsler.  They may only be willing to part with Andrus if they cant readily move Kinsler, which is what I'm assuming.

But, the Adrus' contract isnt very friendly either, but likely would be more potential suitors than for Kinsler.

yeah man, that team that has finished ahead of us the past 4 years sure is stupid.

Couple of things.  First, why does it bother you that we don't like our rivals?  Second, who said the Rangers were stupid in the four posts above yours?  

We get it man, the Angels haven't been good lately and you are pissed about it.