• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I miss Mike Napoli

Angelsjunky

He was so streaky, when he was on he was top notch though.

He was definitely never clutch with the Angels.

In 2008 he was. The Angels had lost 11 straight playoff games to those Boston MFs going back to '86. It didn't even seem possible to win a game against them, let alone a series.

In game 3 Napoli hit two homeruns over the monster off of Beckett and then scored the winning run in the 12th to finally break the streak. In the previous game he was benched by Dear Leader so that Mathis could hold Santana's hand (Santana was bombed anyway). The Angels lost the series anyway and wouldn't get the monkey off their backs until '09 but it seemed like a very big game at the time. Sucks to see him helping two of our most hated teams the last few years.

Napoli was a career .167 hitter for the Angels in the playoffs.

Meanwhile Mathis hit .450 witha 1.150 ops.

Let's all try and remember really what kind of player Napoli was not the one home run you recall.

Wrong.

.194/.306/.419 which still sucked but the point was that he did come up big in a big game. How did Figgins do in the playoffs (bat and glove)? Nice 21 at-bat sample with Mathis. Why are you so grouchy?  Go change your depends.

A few years ago the Angels would have a player signing at the OC Fair and both Mathis and Napoli signed for the fans. I remember the Angels had a great game the night before. I was with my son and I congratulated both players for the win. Mathis said thanks and Napoli just shrugged it off. He didn't seem fan friendly but maybe he had a bad morning. I really didn't mind when he left and I was hoping Conger could make Halo fans forget about a former part time player.

A few years ago the Angels would have a player signing at the OC Fair and both Mathis and Napoli signed for the fans. I remember the Angels had a great game the night before. I was with my son and I congratulated both players for the win. Mathis said thanks and Napoli just shrugged it off. He didn't seem fan friendly but maybe he had a bad morning. I really didn't mind when he left and I was hoping Conger could make Halo fans forget about a former part time player.

Met him and seen him a few times, he's a dick.

Maybe he was inconsistent because he was only given part-time playing time for some absolutely ludicrous, bat shit crazy reason(s).

Yep. If Magic Mike wouldn't have sat him for his boy-toy Jeffy, Napoli might have been able to develop a little rhythm. But alas we were blessed with witnessing the CERA king's miraculous AB's night in and night out.

Maybe Naps seemed a little cold shouldered out in public but I would take him over Mathis in any high pressure game situation, period.