• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UCLA Football Thread

nate

6 hours ago, Lou said:

No. 

We were the better team on the field last night, even without a slew of starters. The 3 best players were wearing blue & gold. How southern cal only managed to score 28 points while averaging under 4 yds/carry against our piss-poor defense is unbelievable. 

The Pac 12 officially sucks ass. 

Seven of those came on a punt return, so there is that. I didn't watch the entire game, but it seemed to me that UCLA outplayed USC.

4 hours ago, nando714 said:

Looks like Florida unless ucla ups the ante in the next 12 hours 

There has been so much noise from the Gator news outlets, and people who want to be Gator news outlets, that I am not sure what to believe. I have heard for more than a week that Kelly is the choice, then I heard today that he wants to talk to UCLA before deciding, then I heard that they are going all in on Scott Frost of Central Florida - that is, from the sources that don't say that Frost already has a deal in place at Nebraska. Then there are those who swear that it's Dan Mullen of Mississippi State, because Florida AD Scott Stricklin worked with Mullen at MSU.

The latest rumor is that Florida officials flew to New Hampshire today with contract in hand for Kelly to sign, and that he was to fly back with them and be announced as head coach tomorrow. As the story goes, they returned with an unsigned contract and no Coach Kelly, only an alleged confirmation of the rumor that he wants to talk to UCLA first. Then there was another source supposedly confirming the hire by Florida tonight,  but not a peep from the university.

A sidebar is that people who follow the Twitter accounts of some active players (I don't bother) say that they are posting with the same emojis, as if they know something. This is being interpreted by some as confirmation that Kelly has been hired - a leap that I wouldn't make.

I give up, until I hear that there is a press conference called in Gainesville to announce somebody. As of tonight, there is nothing on the official Athletic Department website.

10 hours ago, Tank said:

I hope the next coach can finally get this team on track. UCLA football compared to USC has always felt like the Angels compared to the Dodgers. Time to change the culture.

Since 1991, southern cal has one more win in the series.

You been busy?