• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UCLA Football Thread

nate

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Jay said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-rosen-might-stay-ucla-avoid-drafted-browns-161252204.html

Josh Rosen might stay at UCLA to avoid being drafted by Cleveland Browns

Privately, Rosen has expressed concern about winding up in Cleveland and would rather be with a more stable franchise, such as the Giants.

The giants are more stable ?

they fired their head coach and GM lol

11 hours ago, Jay said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-rosen-might-stay-ucla-avoid-drafted-browns-161252204.html

Josh Rosen might stay at UCLA to avoid being drafted by Cleveland Browns

Privately, Rosen has expressed concern about winding up in Cleveland and would rather be with a more stable franchise, such as the Giants.

he should just declare himself eligible after the first two picks. that's what i would do.

1 hour ago, nando714 said:

Wow , kelly has is work cut out for him after watching last nights game 

especially how weak ucla is on both sides of the LOS and linebacker. 

They didn't make any adjustments, that was the worst part.  Way out coached.

Linebacker is the biggest problem for sure, Pellum better get to work.

UCLA played two nice quarters. Then Kansas State had seen everything they could do on both sides of the ball and ripped them apart. 

Kelly is going to have a lot of work to do but I think the basic framework is there to be passable for two seasons, maybe an 9-3 record by year two depending on schedule. During that time he will need a couple of good recruiting classes and time to develop his players to really turn it around. By year three he will have his recruits with the best of what he inherited and should make the team nationally competitive. 

On 12/26/2017 at 7:24 PM, Blarg said:

Modster is looking pretty good in the first half. The running game isn't that successful but Modster has been able to hit some nice long yardage passes and doesn't seem to be making any bad choices.

I hadn't seen him play before the bowl game. He has some serious skills. Chip Kelly might do wonders with him.

So what's the knock on Josh Rosen? Lots of mock drafts have him going to the Giants at #2, but they always mention "off the field issues, and personality difficulties" as knocks on him, but I have yet to see detail. Just wondering what they are talking about.

I don't see him being the right fit for the Giants. He belongs on a good weather/dome team. His passing skills will erode then the temperature drops and the winds are swirling.  

14 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

So what's the knock on Josh Rosen? Lots of mock drafts have him going to the Giants at #2, but they always mention "off the field issues, and personality difficulties" as knocks on him, but I have yet to see detail. Just wondering what they are talking about.

I don't see him being the right fit for the Giants. He belongs on a good weather/dome team. His passing skills will erode then the temperature drops and the winds are swirling.  

There aren't any real off field issues, it is just the media's way of getting clicks.

He criticized the fact that players don't get paid in college but colleges sign huge endorsement deals (he comes from a rich family but pointed to players on his team that could barely afford to eat during the off season) and he wore a "Fuck Trump" hat to a Trump golf course.  That is literally all.

The real concern might be about durability.  He suffered a shoulder injury two years ago (they never said but I think collar bone) and only played in five games.  This year he had two concussions and missed 2.5 games because of it.

As a QB, he is extremely smart and has excellent footwork and mechanics along with a very strong arm.  Some say he is the best QB to enter the draft since Elway... that is hyperbole, but he is very gifted.

While I think that Mora and Bradley absolutely ruined the UCLA defense, UCLA has four LBs playing in the NFL playoffs right now, giving you an idea of the talent they lost over the last couple years.

With that said, you can't run a defense in college that requires NFL quality linebackers and DL.

• 7 months later...