• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UCLA Football Thread

nate

28 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

After last year and the Tom Herman ridiculousness, there's just no point in following any of this stuff too closely until ink is dry. It's a big waste of time.

It's aggravating. I have gotten whiplash from all of the twists and turns in the Chip Kelly situation. I'm ready for him to go one place or the other and be done with it. If one of my former schools wasn't involved, I wouldn't care. The main issue is that the former AD made two terrible hires in football, and the offense has been ranked below #100 nationally for seven consecutive years. The product on the field is basically unwatchable. People are bailing on season tickets, and games that used to be guaranteed instant sellouts are being offered in season ticket mini-packages. If they don't bring in a coach who revives the offense, and soon, the program may not recover for a very long time.

37 minutes ago, Lou said:

Holy shit, is this true? 

Who the hell has been your OCs? 

38 minutes ago, Lou said:

Holy shit, is this true?  

Who the hell has been your OCs? 

Under Will Muschamp, Charlie Weis, Brent Pease and Kurt Roper.

Under Jim McElwain, Doug Nussmeier.

With Muschamp, him overruling the OC and insisting on a power running game with short passes and screens was the issue. Nussmeier is just an idiot. He never developed an intermediate passing game, and the offense has probably been even more predictable. 

Buddy Martin is an idiot.

Anyway, it is official.  There was someone on the BRO forums saying that Chip was interested in the UCLA job early in the season and it was the job he really wanted.  Seems like that guy knew what he was talking about.  I hope UCLA gets the Oregon version of Chip Kelly, exciting times!

13 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

So, is anyone excited about UCLA at 6-6 getting one of the gazillion bowl games?

I can just see it: The Bud Smith Lock-and-Key Marigold Bowl in Poughkeepsie on December 19th at 10:30 pm Eastern.

I think they said last night that it will be the "Walk on Independence Bowl" in NO or something, so you nailed it, lol.

Apparently on 12/27.

44 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

So, is anyone excited about UCLA at 6-6 getting one of the gazillion bowl games?

I can just see it: The Bud Smith Lock-and-Key Marigold Bowl in Poughkeepsie on December 19th at 10:30 pm Eastern.

Excited?  No.  But I'd rather spend a holiday season afternoon/evening watching them play in Lotrimin Ultra Antifungal Athlete's Foot Cream Bowl than not play at all.

14 hours ago, RallyMo said:

After last year and the Tom Herman ridiculousness, there's just no point in following any of this stuff too closely until ink is dry. It's a big waste of time.

13 hours ago, Lou said:

No twists and turns.

Kelly is coming to Westwood. 

I agree 

This was basically a done deal days ago. They waited until we played last night to make the announcement. What a lot of people forget, or didn't know, is that Wasserman was responsible for hooking Kelly up with Oregon.

In Ca$ey We Trust 

Edited by Lou