• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UCLA Football Thread

nate

Wilson out for the year with a foot injury.  Huge blow to a team that already was teetering on the edge.

Rumor has it that Mora took control of the defense, they definitely looked different on Saturday, play a lot more press coverage.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at this game, my son is the Drum Major at the UofA.

UCLA looked friggen horrible.  Rosen looked like he doesnt belong, the wide receivers were pretty weak.  UofA has virtually no secondary, and the Bruins could do nothing.  Tate is by far a better QB than Dawkins, but UCLA did nothing to stop the run.  Heck UofA throw the ball 15 times.  UofA is a run first, second and third team...passing is just a passing thought.

UofA's defense smelt blood and went for the kill.  

Horrible loss for UCLA...I would be surprised at this point of Mora comes back next year.

1 hour ago, nando714 said:

457 yards allowed on the ground!

wth!! 

I mean before this game they were giving up over 300 yards per game on the ground.  Not surprising.

Rosen had an off game, mostly because the fucking OL was horrible.

I watched the first TD run by Tate and that was it. Didn't watch another play. Didn't have to. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that our defensive backs didn't tackle anyone and there were plenty of penalties. How'd I do? It's mind-boggling how only one db, Wadood, knows how to make a tackle. 

I love Mora for what he has done for the school and for the way he really loves UCLA and the kids, but...

Edited by Lou

On 10/16/2017 at 3:16 PM, nando714 said:

457 yards allowed on the ground!

wth!! 

UofA has very little passing game.  Tate is a beast with the ball, should have been the starter long before this.  Its a shame Dawkins was injured, but the right guy is leading this team.  Against Colorado the Wildcats rushed for 416 yards on 42 carries.  Tate picked up 327 of those yards.  You would have thought UCLA would have stacked the box and gone after Tate.  Heck, have the time UofA only had two receivers on the field.

4 hours ago, nate said:

How bad is Oregon?  The only other team UCLA looked this comfortable against was Hawaii

I hadn't seen them play this year, save a few minutes here and there. 

Not even their "cool" uniforms will at track yup recruits if they don't turn this thing around.

If I'm Phil Knight, er, Oregon, I'd load up the armored truck and drive to Chip Kelly's house. 

10 hours ago, Lou said:

I hadn't seen them play this year, save a few minutes here and there. 

Not even their "cool" uniforms will at track yup recruits if they don't turn this thing around.

If I'm Phil Knight, er, Oregon, I'd load up the armored truck and drive to Chip Kelly's house. 

I wonder if he would return.  Weren't they in a little bit of hot water with the NCAA when he left?

But, yeah.  They need to figure something out or they are done.  They already are not recruiting very well the last couple years.

50 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Is mora gonna survive this ?

His buyout is $12m

None of it matters as long as Guerrero is still in charge.  Can't trust him to hire another football coach.

Most likely thing is that Mora stays and Bradley & White are fired.  Fisch probably runs to the NFL and the Bruins are fucked again next year.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

a $12 mil buyout for a college coach? holy crap. i went into the wrong profession.

Same buyout that Jim McElwain had at Florida. In his case, the asinine statement about death threats (which turned out to be total fabrication) may be grounds for the university to completely void his buyout.

UCLA's problem is that they just built a $65m football only facility 100% paid for by donors.  In fact, they have only raised like $55m so far so they still need to get that other $10m before they can start draining the donors for the $12m to buy out Mora which is why him being fired is unlikely.

Also, like I said, would rather see Guerrero out before UCLA hires a new football coach.

Then again, I don't trust Mora to hire another DC and LB/ST coach... Ulbrich and Spanos were great, but don't think he could pull that off again.

Also, rumors of Fisch jumping to the NFL after this season which would basically doom UCLA.  The offense is the only good part of the team this year.

In other words, UCLA is screwed.

2 hours ago, nate said:

UCLA's problem is that they just built a $65m football only facility 100% paid for by donors.  In fact, they have only raised like $55m so far so they still need to get that other $10m before they can start draining the donors for the $12m to buy out Mora which is why him being fired is unlikely.

Also, like I said, would rather see Guerrero out before UCLA hires a new football coach.

Then again, I don't trust Mora to hire another DC and LB/ST coach... Ulbrich and Spanos were great, but don't think he could pull that off again.

Also, rumors of Fisch jumping to the NFL after this season which would basically doom UCLA.  The offense is the only good part of the team this year.

In other words, UCLA is screwed.

You’re right. It hasn’t been the same since ulbrich and spanos split for nfl jobs 

180549013.0.jpg

BzsamKTCYAADPSh.jpg

On 8/27/2017 at 9:31 AM, nando714 said:

Well we know Kal athletics is in jeopardy 

On 8/30/2017 at 7:12 AM, nate said:

It is the football stadium that is bankrupting them.  

Having a a Sunday night game to open the season is weird

On 8/30/2017 at 1:01 PM, RallyMo said:

If the costs of the seismic retrofit component of the stadium were covered by the campus for the athletic department like the costs are for seismic retrofit on the buildings used by other departments, this wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Maybe the new chancellor could do something about this given the severity of the problem.

Hmmmmm...

On 8/30/2017 at 2:05 PM, nate said:

Football isn't essential to education like the buildings on campus :P.

On 8/30/2017 at 2:17 PM, RallyMo said:

Oh, I know.

I just think that this is more or less what will end up happening.

On 8/30/2017 at 2:19 PM, nate said:

I would be so pissed, I mean UCLA had to raise all the money for their football facility on their own.  If the State has to pay the $275m for the retrofitting that is BS.  If Cal couldn't afford it then they should have gotten rid of the football team or worked out a lease with the 49ers stadium or something.

On 8/31/2017 at 2:09 PM, RallyMo said:

Get ready to be so pissed.

Maybe.

@nate, time to get pissed:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/02/big-relief-cal-to-move-a-portion-of-stadium-debt-off-athletic-departments-books/