• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

...And this week's slaughter by the Religion of Peace happened in...

Don't we have a responsibilty as humans to call out a specific cause of mass murder/terrorism if it continues to happen on a weekly, if not daily basis? 

Or, since the mass murder/terrorism is perpetrated on members within a certain group, we shouldn't be as concerned?  We just let them go ahead and slaughter as long as we're okay? 

And then when it happens to us are we allowed to be concerned about the cause?  Or, do we just blame extremists?  Or not say anything at all out of some sort of ideal of respect for others beliefs?  Where is the line drawn?  Help me understand and perhaps I will sit back until that line is crossed. 

What are the rules for human slaughter when religion is involved?  Please open my mind.

Maybe, and this is just a thought, people have a problem not with you calling out this disgusting behavior but with the way you imply that it is encouraged by the Muslim faith. Also, people probably aren't thrilled with how you basically belittle 1 billion plus peaceful Muslims as if the acts of these terrorists is somehow representative of them in the slightest. Do you like to start wars with brown people and overtaxed and spy on your fellow citizens? You must, because other people who call themselves Americans do. So you do, too.

Edited by HaloMagic

Maybe, and this is just a thought, people have a problem not with you calling out this disgusting behavior but with the way you imply that it is encouraged by the Muslim faith. Also, people probably aren't thrilled with how you basically belittle 1 billion plus peaceful Muslims as if the acts of these terrorists is somehow representative of them in the slightest. Do you like to start wars with brown people and overtaxed and spy on your fellow citizens? You must, because other people who call themselves Americans do. So you do, too.

Alot going on here, HaloMagic.  I don't understand the 'overtaxed' and 'spying' part of your argument.  By 'brown people' I presume you mean muslims, though I know some who are not 'brown.'

I cannot say all muslims encourage this behavior.  I definetely don't belittle one billion plus people.  I am chagrined, however that muslims do not seem to condemn the actions of some of their fellow muslims.  And I certainly see one common link between these terrorist acts:  they are committed by muslims, on the behalf of islam.  Unless it's just a coincidence that these ongoing attacks happen to occur at the hands of muslims as opposed to, say, buddhists, and I need to be more considerate of this potential coincidence. 

I will attempt to be more open minded at this as slaughter and terrorism that happens to involve islam, the religion of peace, and hope there is no direct connection.  If nothing else, it may give me peace of mind.  If only we could convince the CIA, NSA, et al to give as much benefit of the doubt, it will be a much more peaceful world and finally, the religion of peace can be in peace.  This should makes us all feel safer.

muslims do not seem to condemn the actions of some of their fellow muslims.

Bullshit statement. Who specifically? None that I know.

And I certainly see one common link between these terrorist acts: they are committed by muslims, on the behalf of islam.

Just like every terrorist act the American government has committed has been by Americans on behalf of America. Are we all terrorists in this country?

religion of peace

Can you sarcastically say that one more time? I don't think you've belittled the peaceful adherents of the Muslim faith (you know, practically all of them) enough.

religion of peace

Thanks.

Halo, you're killing it in here.

Downing and fansince should start up an ignorance forum right in between the God and Gentlemens Club forums. There they can say all the stupid shit they want back and forth to each other. MT since you don't ever see a problem with their over generalizations and ignorance you can be the mod.

Finding Islam to be the connection between the three seems lazy and only suited to the purpose of demonizing Muslims for a future agenda.

The link that jumps out at me is three groups who had been assured by their primarily Muslim governments that they were being protected from Muslim extremists by their primarily Muslim defense forces. It's never a good idea to trust the defense of your family and property to a government but even more of a bad idea when that government is more closely aligned with the other side. As usual, my outrage is aimed more at the lying sacks of government camel dung than with the idiot extremists who are continuing on a long tradition of killing in the name of........

Bullshit statement. Who specifically? None that I know.

Just like every terrorist act the American government has committed has been by Americans on behalf of America. Are we all terrorists in this country?

Can you sarcastically say that one more time? I don't think you've belittled the peaceful adherents of the Muslim faith (you know, practically all of them) enough.

Thanks.

Respectfully, I am completely at a loss here.

So what you're saying is it might not be Muslim thing? Interesting...

No, they just have something else on the side that they've been working on for about 1300 years. The Sunni vs Shiite thing started as an argument over Mohammed's successor, and they've been killing each other over it since then.

It's still religious in motivation, but internecine.

Edited by fan_since79

LOL @ not having an issue with sarcastic "Religion of Peace" BS. That's the exact kind of nonsense you used to call other people out on mt. I guess you've grown soft. Or conservative.

If you want to toss out an entire discussion because of a three word term in the title feel free.  I'll look for the one's you have started about these tragedies instead, I'm sure they will be much more politically correct.

Although I might look for awhile and find none and then assume maybe you don't really give a rats ass about what is going on.

Suppose we take away the 'religion of peace' title to the thread and rename it as such:  The word "Islam" originates from the Arabic word 'salaam' which translates to 'peace.'  The literal translation to the word "islam" is 'submission to the will of God,' as it can best be translated into English.

Religion of the Submission to the Will of God deriving from the Arabic word 'salaam' which means 'peace.'  A kinder, gentler and maybe even more respectful explanation, perhaps.  I suppose we can now call out terrorism/slaughter as the will of God which should make us all feel better while we keep quiet and hope it all just goes away.  Even more so if it's muslim on muslim terrorism.  Than it's not our problem at all.

Every religion, including Christianity is stained in blood.  This current period happens to be marred with a lot of Islam related violence.

Every era, government, movement whatever is stained in blood.  Godlessness doesn't get a pass, just ask Stalin and Mao.

That doesn't mean that people living in that day who are moral shouldn't call them out.

Once again, who is "them"? The terrorist that kill using the excuse of a world religion or the world religion as a whole?

Do you really believe they are just using Islam as an excuse?  They really believe what they are doing is right.  It's not an excuse to them.  This isn't just a few bad apples, this is a whole hell of a lot of killer apples.  and many who don't do the killing applaud those who do.  And many who may not even applaud the killing still subjugate women and have horrible civil rights records.

If I shoot my what I assume to be ethnic neighbor "in the name of America", does that make all Americans violent?

It is those sweeping generalizations that you and fansince79 keep spouting. And it blows my mind that you can't understand it.

You are mistaking Western expansion with a religious zealots.