• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

...And this week's slaughter by the Religion of Peace happened in...

I lost the "guess who started the thread" game

This is your take away from the thread?  I don't really see terrorism as a game.  But, hey, if we don't call them out on these slaughters, perhaps they will see how understanding we are and then they'll stop with the terrorism routine.  We should shame ourselves into singling out the Religion of Peace...maybe give them a little leeway here.

I don't think the real issue is someone "calling out" the individuals behind this or any other attack. Not that it solves anything, but whatever floats your boat.

It's when people try to take those individuals and make wide sweeping generalizations based on those individuals that you run into problems.

And that's exactly what this thread, or the previous "Religion of Peace!!!!1111!!!" thread we were so lucky to have is.

Edited by jshep

I don't think the real issue is someone "calling out" the individuals behind this or any other attack. Not that it solves anything, but whatever floats your boat.

It's when people try to take those individuals and make wide sweeping generalizations based on those individuals that you run into problems.

And that's exactly what this thread, or the previous "Religion of Peace!!!!1111!!!" thread we were so lucky to have is.

Really, where is this thread doing that?

I don't see where he says all Muslims are killers.  Have we really gotten to the point where we shouldn't be able to say the truth due to being insensitive?

Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan all have seen mass murders by groups citing the same religion in the last week, is this not true?

Edited by mtangelsfan

Yes, those horrible events have been perpetrated by groups of fanatics sharing the same religion. That much is true.

But, and obviously me and you aren't reading this the same way, the whole "The Religion of Peace murdered people!!!" thing reeks of alarmist nonsense based around painting an entire religion with the actions of their fanatics.

Edited by jshep

They seem to be the only ones going on mass murder sprees claiming a religious imperative to do so. Now when the Druids start terrorizing towns then we can say it isn't just one particular sect. Until then it is the ****ing Muslims out there slaughtering people in the nameof God. They own this mantle and the supposed millions of peacefull ones are not policing their own.

This isn't the moonies bugging everyone at the airport.  It's not having to hide because mormons are at your door.  This is college students being slaughtered in their sleep.  This is killers specifically choosing to kill others because of their religion.  

Are we really going to act like this is just a nuisance?  

Isn't he just saying that Muslims are killing people who aren't muslims at an alarming rate?

Good lord, you've gotten quite good at strawman construction. No one is acting "like this is just a nuisance".

It's horrible that it's happening, obviously.

But I don't see how trying to blame a religion for this(which again, is how I read "...And this week's slaughter by the Religion of Peace...), as opposed to pinning it on the psychotic scum that are doing these things does anyone any favors.

Edited by jshep

Good lord, you've gotten quite good at strawman construction. No one is acting "like this is just a nuisance". It's horrible that it's happening, obviously.

But I don't see how trying to blame a religion for this, as opposed to pinning it on the psychotic scum that are doing these things does anyone any favors.

You have Pakistani, East African and Kenyan.  There is one common denominator.  It's not race, creed or color.  

Is it your argument that Islam has nothing to do with this?