• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

...And this week's slaughter by the Religion of Peace happened in...

The fact is, religion causes conflict.  It just so happens that Islam is in a particularly volatile part of the country where there is little infrastructure and police force.

People cause conflict Nate.  Come on, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot.  These are all men who despised religion and were three of the biggest mass murderers in history.

Al-Shabaab leader hails "Battle of Nairobi," quotes Qur'an: "You killed them not, but Allah killed them...

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2013/09/al-shabaab-leaders-hails-battle-of-nairobi-quotes-quran-you-killed-them-not-but-allah-killed-them.html

"...congratulations! You have renewed the fact that the Mujahideen’s objective of Jihad is deposing the apostate tyrants, supporting the weak and standing in the face of oppression. You have manifestly proven how valuable the blood of the Muslim is and how the Mujahideen take great measures to safeguard the inviolable blood of the Muslims.

Many lessons can be derived from this epic battle ‘Badar of Nairobi’. The battle is a testament to the power of Eeman [faith] and clearly illustrates that nothing can stand against it.

Allah, the Exalted, says:

“You killed them not, but Allah killed them. And you (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) threw not when you did throw, but Allah threw, that He might test the believers by a fair trial from Him. Verily, Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower.

This (is the fact) and surely, Allah weakens the deceitful plots of the disbelievers.”
[Anfal, 17-18]

Do you really believe they are just using Islam as an excuse?  They really believe what they are doing is right.  It's not an excuse to them.  This isn't just a few bad apples, this is a whole hell of a lot of killer apples.

So then you believe we should judge an entire belief system based off of those bad apples? Ok got it.

To Fan, I can pull bible scriptures that sound almost exactly the same as that.

To tobias, I didn't say that nor did I ever say that I blame them all or the religion in general.  I just won't be unwilling to say that it is muslim extremists doing it.

To Jshep, well I agree, who likes Catholics anyways?

To tobias, I didn't say that nor did I ever say that I blame them all or the religion in general.

I don't want to make this a me vs you thing because my beef isn't with you. It's with downing and fan that DO blame the religion in general for terrorist actions.

You guys have talked about how people should "call out" these baddies. Downing and fan make it seem like we should all be calling out Islam as a whole rather than terrorist who create these acts of violence.

That is the issue that a few of us have on here.

"Police said two officers were injured. Eight were hurt the previous night when a crowd threw paint bombs, bottles and masonry at police."

I don't really have a dog in this fight but this incident doesn't seem to be very similar to spraying innocent civilians with automatic weapons.

I get what you are saying tobias, I just think the right way to look at it is somewhere in the middle. At some point the Muslim world has to own this and shake it off. I don't want to say that they are all to blame because they aren't. But the track record of Islam in the last few hundred years has not been good.

Whether it's terrorism, civil rights, poverty, corruption et al.

I get what you are saying tobias, I just think the right way to look at it is somewhere in the middle. At some point the Muslim world has to own this and shake it off. I don't want to say that they are all to blame because they aren't. But the track record of Islam in the last few hundred years has not been good. Whether it's terrorism, civil rights, poverty, corruption et al.

If those two threads were started by this paragraph then I think things would be more adult like around here.

When it comes to track records, there are many groups both religious and non-religious that have a not so great track record of civil rights, poverty and corruption.

Not being facetious, but what do you suppose the one billion completely normal and good muslims in all different countries and cultures throughout the world should do to address the bad eggs? They don't have one leader/voice like the pope.

I don't know how, but I'm not sure not having a Pope like leader is a detriment to it.

Christianity was able to do this for the most part. 

But I would say to countries like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Indonesia, Malaysia, Lebanon and Egypt to stop looking to the west for help, man up and kick some ass.

I don't want to make this a me vs you thing because my beef isn't with you. It's with downing and fan that DO blame the religion in general for terrorist actions.

You guys have talked about how people should "call out" these baddies. Downing and fan make it seem like we should all be calling out Islam as a whole rather than terrorist who create these acts of violence.

That is the issue that a few of us have on here.

What MT said on the matter.  Why are we afraid to hold a religion accountable when the religion is what is driving people to do this?  Seems pretty simple to me.  At what price do we not hold others accountable?

Did you know that the group who committed the slaughter in Nigeria was founded by a muslim cleric?  Did you know that the group (Boko Haram) has a goal of implementing sharia law?  ie:  They're not killing to enforce DMV codes.