• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

California Golden Bears Football

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be extremely ugly, IMO.

Our defense wasn't a strength to begin with, and we're likely going to have our 5 best and most experienced defensive players out.

The real problem I had with the defense against PSU was how fundamentally unsound they looked. I understand that the Bears are the youngest and most inexperienced team in football, but the number of whiffed tackles I saw and blown assignments noticed by others was very concerning. Perhaps experience and reps will allow for improvement, but I dunno.

The offense is tremendously exciting and Goff has a ridiculous ceiling. Once they figure out how to be more effective in the red zone we'll be an offensive dynamo. The thing is, our defense will see plenty of action on the field with how quickly our offense works. Given how ineffective it's been, that's scary.

I'll still be watching, though.

Big Ten teams usually have a rough time out West. Does Buh's exp With big ten teams matter? I thought he defended NW good. Maybe players were looking ahead last week?

I would love to say I believe that to be the case, but I really think it's just that a combination of injuries to our best defensive players with a lack of depth and almost no experience.

Good heavens, now the D lost another player, who happened to be the most productive of what's left.

http://blog.sfgate.com/cal/2013/

There is absolutely no way we don't give up tons of points on Saturday. They'll have to absolutely roll on offense and be flawless for the game to be remotely close.

i'm okay with that.

Pesky little pinkys always getting in the way.

Good luck to you guys tomorrow.  I anticipate a bloodbath.

Pac 12 plays some big games tomorrow.  Gotta win to get some respect.

UCLA @ Nebraska

Washington @ Illinois

Tennessee @ Oregon

Ohio St @ Cal

Wisconsin @ Arizona State

I think we're going to get absolutely rolled. It's not going to be nice.

I will watch with hope of a possible upset, though. I imagine that the stadium will have TONS of Buckeye fans.

Bear fans have to be loud as hell from the start.

It's a super long shot, but still...

GO BEARS!

Pesky little pinkys always getting in the way.

Good luck to you guys tomorrow.  I anticipate a bloodbath.

Pac 12 plays some big games tomorrow.  Gotta win to get some respect.

UCLA @ Nebraska

Washington @ Illinois

Tennessee @ Oregon

Ohio St @ Cal

Wisconsin @ Arizona State

You left Arizona vs UTSA out. C'mon. That's big time.

GO ROADRUNNERS!

So last night ultimately ended up going as I figured it would.

We'll start off going 1-3. Oregon is going to score an obscene amount of points on us, but hopefully we'll show more discipline on defense and more polish on offense.

I think 5 wins would be solid for us this year. The defensive injuries take a huge toll on the team's ability to win. There's absolutely no depth there.

I'm concerned by how how many points we gave up on defense.

I only saw the fourth quarter, but Cals offense moved the ball rather easily. No bueno.

I honestly wouldn't be too concerned about that. Our offense is capable of putting up a ridiculous amount of yards (and hopefully, points) due to the number of plays that we run. However, as you saw, it also gives opposing teams the chance to score tons of points.

You guys pretty much waxed the floor with us, but I was really happy to see the Bears fight back after going down 21-0. In previous years, that would have been the end of it.

This is the first year under a new coaching staff. It will take a while to get the pieces in place, but you have good people running the program.

I want to agree with you, but I'm not entirely sold on the defensive guys, though they have most certainly been dealt a pretty crappy hand in terms of depth and injuries this year.

I just don't know about Buh.