• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

California Golden Bears Football

bigelow's picture was on the thing they sent in the mail trying to get me to buy the lifetime stadium seat or season tickets.

thought that was kind of interesting.

Bigelow averaged 9.8 YPA and 13.1 YPC last year.

He had 44 total attempts in 2012.

I have to think that Franklin/Dykes are going to do their best to get him the ball as much as is possible this year, and we're definitely going to run a crap-ton more plays than we did last year.

Consider this:

Cal ran almost 68 plays per game last year.

LaTech ran almost 89 plays per game last year.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fine with this one. Not a single one of these 3 guys has seen the field during a game, and they were all relatively well regarded.

I'd love to see Kline fulfill his promise.

We've got another good QB on the way in Rubenzer if he sticks and we'll have a great shot at Rosen if things play out nicely.

I don't think that the QB spot will ever be "secure' under Dykes as it was under Tedford. It will be up for grabs.

I'm so happy that it's not Maynard. He had some huge games, but overall pretty much sucks.

...and Hinder's out of the running for starter.

It's down to the two freshmen, Goff and Kline, with most thinking that Goff has the edge at this point as he has better decision making ability thus far. Kline has tremendous upside and a cannon for an arm.

Considering how long Cal fans have been wanting to see Kline play (since the day he committed), this is pretty interesting.

How are practices under Dykes?  Are the beat writers impressed?  When Mora took over, the first thing that the beat writers noticed was that he got so much more done in the same amount of time because the pace of practice was way better and there was more going on at once.

How are practices under Dykes?  Are the beat writers impressed?  When Mora took over, the first thing that the beat writers noticed was that he got so much more done in the same amount of time because the pace of practice was way better and there was more going on at once.

It's pretty much night and day as best I understand it, and that's understandable given the difference between the two systems. With that said, I don't think JT had many open practices, while Dykes has had every practice open.

Practices at LaTech were very fast paced and I don't see any reason to think they wouldn't be at Cal. People have said that the coaching staff is very much in sync and work as a unit during practices, which makes sense since Dykes pretty much brought his entire staff with him. Tony Franklin is a hell of an offensive coordinator from what I've gathered.

For an idea of how different the offenses were, consider this: LaTech ran roughly 20 more plays per game than Cal did last year, and in 10 seconds less in terms of average time of possession per game.

I think there will be a lot of adjustment this year and see 6-7 wins as our absolute ceiling, but the athletes are there in most areas. The schedule is beyond ridiculous.

Today's a full scrimmage, so that should be interesting.

It looks like we're in Joe Mixon's top 5.

Dykes has to get him, he just has to. He can't let talent like that from the area go elsewhere in the Pac.

By his comments seems like a depth chart watcher. Florida & Cal fit the bill when it comes to depth. If your dykes he cant leave the bay imo.