• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Seattle Seahawks 2013 Thread

Richard

Ah, just read this bit...

Wagner, Seattle’s second-round pick in the draft out of Utah State, led the Seahawks with 140 combined tackles in 2012, ranking him seventh in the NFL and third among rookies. Keuchly led all defenders in the league with 164 tackles for Carolina. Wagner also had three interceptions, two sacks and four passes defended in the regular season.

Wagner’s best game was arguably Seatttle’s 58-0 rout of the Cardinals, when he had two interceptions and returned one for 45 yards. He also had a clutch pick late in the fourth quarter of the second-round playoff in Atlanta, when he intercepted Falcons QB Matt Ryan and set the Seahawks up for their go-ahead touchdown with 31 seconds remaining.

Okay but he's still not worth what he got, he's a diva and has injury concerns. He has broken 1000 yard from scrimmage once. I'm not valuing him solely based on his WR stats either, rather pointing out that he is first and foremost a WR and hasn't exactly accomplished a lot in that respect. He is a very good player but that's a lot to invest for someone who will publicly criticize his QB. Harvin is arguably the best kick returner out there too which is great to have, but with the rule changes that skill's impact has been hampered a bit. With that said, it does make sense for Seattle to do this since their group of wide outs wasn't very impressive and Wilson needs someone to continue his progression.

He is a ton more than just a WR. To value him based solely on his WR stats is stupid

Considering the amount of guaranteed money I disagree and think it's worth it to Seattle.  With a guy like Harvin it's not just what he brings to the table in terms of numbers but it's what having him on the field does to opposing defenses.  Not going to disagree about his attitude and injury concerns but Seattle was one of the better NFC teams last year and if their 2nd year QB doesn't regress much they're in the discussion for top team in the NFC.  Harvin is only 24 so taking age and skillset into account he's a better option than guys like Welker or Amendola who are FA's.   

Okay but he's still not worth what he got, he's a diva and has injury concerns. He has broken 1000 yard from scrimmage once. I'm not valuing him solely based on his WR stats either, rather pointing out that he is first and foremost a WR and hasn't exactly accomplished a lot in that respect. He is a very good player but that's a lot to invest for someone who will publicly criticize his QB. Harvin is arguably the best kick returner out there too which is great to have, but with the rule changes that skill's impact has been hampered a bit. With that said, it does make sense for Seattle to do this since their group of wide outs wasn't very impressive and Wilson needs someone to continue his progression.

Percy was a pro-bowler as a rookie and led the Vikes in receiving his three subsequent seasons in Minny (including last season when he only played 9 games). 

Also, the fact that the Vikings have been known to run the ball ;) a bit might have been a bit of a factor in his lack of yardage...

(although interesting to note that in 2011, the year AP was hurt, Percy really stepped up and nearly made that 1000 milestone - 967)

As for his reputation as a malcontent ...

I'm thinking he realizes if he so much as looked cross-eyed at Russell Wilson, he'd be tarred and feather and hung from the Space Needle  :P 

• 4 months later...

Looks like surgery. Harvin just broke the news via twitter(lol)

Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin 6m
when everything is goin good sometimes life throw u a curve ball... sorry to half to report that my injury will require surgery...

Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin 4m

Nobody was more anxious and excited about season then....but I will be back strong as ever..i appreciate all the love and prayers 12th man

Russel Wilson is just a 2nd year QB not a perennial all pro.  Like the other QB's entering year 2 who had success (Luck, RGIII) and even Kaepernick (only 3 passes in 2011) they've got a lot to prove and NFL defenses now have more footage of them.  They'll be tested this year more than last as opposing defenses will throw more at them and try to exploit their weaknesses.  This is why a lot of guys have sophomore slumps because they have to make adjustments and not everyone does. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My Hawks are 10-1 and looking to be fully healthy (besides losing our starting CB Brandon Browner until the playoffs) coming out of the BYE week.

Big game against the Saints at home on MNF. If the Seahawks can beat them, we've pretty much wrapped up home field advantage in the NFC playoffs, which is bad news for opposing teams.

Browner busted again

Facing a yr suspension

F'n pot smoking Browner and Thurmond. Both starting CB's, both busted for weed. Pass a law in this state and everyone thinks they can smoke it without consequences.

We also lost Percy Harvin again as his surgically repaired hip has flared up after just one game, his 2013 debut. Ugh!

Complete dominant performance by my Hawks tonight despite all the penalties against them.

Held Brees under 200 yards and scored 34 against the 5th ranked defense.

The Hawks are sick. Haven't felt this good about a team since our 2002 Angels.