• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Seattle Seahawks 2013 Thread

Richard

That's a helluva return for the Vikes, all things considered. Harvin was a malcontent there and was adamant about not returning. Just a year ago we saw the Fins trade Brandon Marshall for only 2 3rd round picks. Getting a 1st, 7th + a mid round pick next year was great for Minny

They can sign a lower tier WR in FA and then draft somebody with one of their 2 1st rounders

I can see the Vikings going after Jennings or Wallace, Boldin might be available too. Then drafting Tayvon Austin, who is a Harvin-type slot receiver.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they end up with Danny Amendola. Austin would be the deep threat and Amendola is a Welker type that isn't afraid to go over the middle.

But Boldin would fit perfectly for that team right now. I think the Ravens still control his option for next season though. Not sure.

I like the move for Minnesota.  While Percy Harvin is an exceptional wide receiver and adept at catching and running after the catch, the Vikings apparently felt his personality was too much to overcome.  The Vikings have a reasonable amount of cap space, probably $20 million if you factor not paying Harvin, and could conceivably attempt to sign someone like Greg Jennings (which would hurt GB as well).  Spend one of their #1 picks on a young, explosive WR and they may be in better shape that they began.

Harvin improves his situation by immediately becoming the #1 WR on a much-improved, young Seahawks team.  Should develop a great repore with Russell Wilson.

WOW JUST SEEING THIS!! What a great deal for the Hawks. Rice is a good receiver, but he was double teamed a lot this past season, which led to Tate, Baldwin and our TE's seeing more receptions. Harvin, Rice, Baldwin and Tate, plus our solid TE's. Wow, look out!. .We're going to beat that SF 49er ass this season!

I don't mind them giving up a 1st rounder this year since we're toward the end of the first round in the draft and the fact that Pete Carroll really maximized his 2012 picks resulting in 4 starters and 3 solid contributors to their 2012 success. 

From Rotoworld.com

The Seahawks will open the season with 24-year-old Russell Wilson throwing to 27-year-old Sidney Rice, and 25-year-old Harvin and Golden Tate, with 27-year-old Marshawn Lynch in the backfield. Already one of the league's premier defensive teams, Seattle's offense now rivals any in football in terms of explosiveness and playmaking ability. We expect Harvin to lead Seattle in receiving.

He is a ton more than just a WR. To value him based solely on his WR stats is stupid

Agreed. He does so many things well, including short passes to him in the slot which he turns into HUGE gains. He's also an incredible change of space RB from the backfield, not to mention a deep threat. 

Pete Carroll knows his shit. We could waste a late first rounder because we had the best draft in the NFL last year based on production. We nearly had the best offensive and defensive rookie of the year awards from 2nd and 3rd round picks. 

I think this is a great trade and believe Harvin is EXACTLY what the Seahawks need. Russell Wilson is going to make him an even better WR than we've seen to date. 

Looking forward to the NFL season to start so my Hawks can thump on the 9ers and the rest of the NFC West like they did toward the end of the season when Carroll let Wilson out of the cage.  

Profootballtalk.com reports Percy Harvin's new Seahawks deal is worth $67 million over six seasons, with only $14.5 million fully guaranteed.

Another $11 million is guaranteed for injury, but this is a smaller deal than Harvin was probably expecting. It's actually worth just slightly less than Dwayne Bowe's in annual average, making Harvin -- for now -- the NFL's fifth highest paid receiver behind Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Wallace, and Bowe. And the low guaranteed total protects the Seahawks. Seattle gave up a draft-pick haul for Harvin, but this looks like a great deal for the club.

No offense, but the Seahawks did not have the best draft last year. Ironically, they talked about this exact thing on SVP and Russillo where some people think just because Wilson had a great rookie year and was a steal where he was picked that it makes up for the other reaches and guys that didn't play well.

People should just say they hit the jackpot with Wilson instead of overlooking things like the reach of Irvin and how they used a mid first round pick on a guy that isn't a three down player and not a starter.

Also, Harvin isn't the 5th best receiver to make that kind of money. He hasn't even had a 1000 yard season.

Respectfully Disagree Brandon. The Seattle Seahawks got a shit ton of offense and landed a franchise QB and they drafted Bobby Wagner who led the league in tackles and was the defensive rookie of the year.

Not only that, of their 9 draft picks, 5 of them worked their way into starting roles while the others like Turbin were incredible in limited/change of pace roles.

You don't judge or grade a draft right the draft, you evaluate it after the first season and maybe two years later. Seahawks score big after their 2012 selections.

Back to Harvin...

Percy Harvin said Tuesday that he hasn't had a migraine headache in two years.Harvin is often criticized for an inability to stay healthy, but before his 2012 ankle injury he had missed just three games in three NFL seasons. Since getting diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2010, he's been able to avoid the severe headaches that had plagued him all the way back to his University of Florida days. "Been fully healthy from that aspect so everything's been good," Harvin said. "I'm going to knock on wood that nothing resurfaces but it's been all great."

Well best of luck to him. He was a fantasy stud for me last year until his injury.

It's a high risk move to give up three draft picks, but like the Chiefs and Alex Smith, if both players play like they did last year before injury who really cares.

Thanks.

If the Seahawks were an older club I'd be more concerned about the draft picks, but a late 1st, 7th this year, and another 7th next year, I'm not too worried about as the Hawks were the second youngest team in football last year and nearly made it to the NFC Championship game... Oh so close against the Falcons! There was no doubt in my mind that they would have beat up the 49ers in their 3rd matchup of the year if they faced off in that big game. 

Wagner wasn't the defensive ROY, Luke Kuechly won it. Wagner was really awesome, though

Harvin is a very good PLAYER. He's not a top 5 WR, but his dynamic skillset makes gameplanning for him a pain. I don't trust him holding up too long with his style of play, but looking at the contract, it's only $14.5 mill guaranteed so not too bad

Wagner wasn't the defensive ROY, Luke Kuechly won it. Wagner was really awesome, though

Harvin is a very good PLAYER. He's not a top 5 WR, but his dynamic skillset makes gameplanning for him a pain. I don't trust him holding up too long with his style of play, but looking at the contract, it's only $14.5 mill guaranteed so not too bad

I thought Wagner won it, oh well, he still had an amazing season. Was he #2 in the voting?  

Harvin was a top 10 guy going into this season with a shitty QB throwing to him. I believe with Russell Wilson at QB, he's a top 5 guy because of Wilson's accuracy and the fact that the Hawks have other weapons to cover and QB Spy -- he won't be double teamed.