• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

10-day forecast for the Los Angeles area: Temperatures 10 to 20 degrees above normal and low humidity.

Forecast high for today is 87 degrees, windy, with humidities ranging from 4 to 10 percent. Extreme fire danger.

There's already a wildfire going in the hills above Glendora.

Getting a bit ridiculous here.

Is this January, or mid/late October????

What is causing this crazy early autumn weather so often this winter?   Winter temps by the time end of January hits will be close to TEN degrees ABOVE normal for the entire winter so far! 

There was a report by some scientists that came out I believe back in early November that stated the conclusion of a study they did on the deforestation of the Amazon rain forest.  It basically said that deforestation will begin to cause warmer and drier weather in the western United States posing higher risks for severe drought.  They said California would be hit the hardest and warned of not only water shortages but food shortages as well, due to the severe impact it will have on the agriculture here.

There was a report by some scientists that came out I believe back in early November that stated the conclusion of a study they did on the deforestation of the Amazon rain forest.  It basically said that deforestation will begin to cause warmer and drier weather in the western United States posing higher risks for severe drought.  They said California would be hit the hardest and warned of not only water shortages but food shortages as well, due to the severe impact it will have on the agriculture here.

the weather guy on channel 7 was talking about the water temps of the pacific and that they were part of the cause of this beastly weather and water shortage we're in. i missed a few bits and pieces of what he said, so someone may need to check my facts on this.

But the deforestation didn't prevent the El Nino based heavy rains in 2005 and 2010.

I also thought we weren't in the midst of a LaNina right now, which cools the waters and lessens the rain.

Something crazy is happening, because SoCal now only gets either piddling rain for a year, or 25-30 inches of rain in a year, never in between anymore like in past years through the early 2000s.

And then this outfit predicts an El Nino return sometime in 2014.

http://www.lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-Early-signs-point-to-El-Nino-return-in-2014

All I know is, I'd rather have 8-9 months of golf weather and 3-4 months of some rain, then 12 months of golf weather and no rain and the crashing California economy likely accompanying it.   This ain't the Sahara Desert.

Edited by Angel Oracle

It was really the timing of the report that got my attention, right before all the warm and dry weather.  It came out in early November and stated that dry conditions would replace the El Nino conditions we normally get between December and February.

"The Rossby waves would move the dry end of the Amazon pattern directly over the western United States from December to February, while the pattern's rainy portion would be over the Pacific Ocean south of Mexico."

Now this was a study of what it would be like if the Amazon were stripped completely, but my thought was that this might be the very beginning of what they're describing.  It was only a month or so later we started seeing the conditions they described, just as they predicted to be between the months of Dec and Feb, and it's really been like this the last 2-3 years - warm and dry winters, hot and humid summers.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/news/archive/S38/31/66M12/

Just consider it some of all of the above,

although I am one to not tolerate monotony well.

Droughts can damage economies though, through messing up the state's agriculture and driving up prices, not to mention doing a number on your skin.

Armageddon it isn't, but it isn't good either.

As mentioned, I am a fan of the changing seasons, as long as they aren't extreme, like this drought.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Last season (July 2012-June 2013) in SoCal saw about 4 inches of rain, this one (July 2013-current) has seen 1 inch so far.

FIVE inches total, where normal would be around TWENTY inches.

If that ain't a drought, nothing is.

This has to be the worst 2 year drought in history (since keeping records) for SoCal.

There is the 100 years flood.

THIS is the 100 years drought.

Again, SoCal never gets ANYTHING resembling normal rainfall (14 inches) anymore.  

It's either 25-30 inches for a season, or 1-7 inches.