• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

Water vapor imagery shows a developing storm system over the Pacific at 143 degrees longitude directly west of the northern California coast. An atmospheric river oriented in west to east fashion will eventually move into Southern California on Friday while becoming oriented north to south as this low develops. Surface pressures will lower and are shown to be off the charts when looking at the past 30-year record. This tightening pressure field will lead to an anomalous low level jet with model consensus showing 850 mb winds increasing to 50-60 knots ahead of the low/cold front Friday afternoon/evening. 

As this system moves inland on Friday, confidence is high on a significant wind storm affecting all of Southern California during the period of 2 PM - midnight Friday. Wind gusts of 50 to 60 mph are expected from the coast to the valleys and across portions of the lower deserts. Localized gusts of 60-70 mph is even possible. Wind gusts in the mountains and portions of the high deserts will exceed 70 mph. Even a period of high sustained winds of 30 to 40 mph is expected along the coast Friday afternoon into the evening. This will be a high impact wind event! Numerous trees will fall, posing a life and property risk. Downed powerlines, power outages, and some structural damage is also expected. 

In addition to the damaging winds, rain will increase during the day and become heavy. Most likely timing of heaviest rain is 4 PM - midnight Friday, beginning first in Orange County then spreading south and east through the evening. Rain rates of 0.5-1.0 inch per hour are expected. A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for the entire area.

36 minutes ago, Jay said:

Water vapor imagery shows a developing storm system over the Pacific at 143 degrees longitude directly west of the northern California coast. An atmospheric river oriented in west to east fashion will eventually move into Southern California on Friday while becoming oriented north to south as this low develops. Surface pressures will lower and are shown to be off the charts when looking at the past 30-year record. This tightening pressure field will lead to an anomalous low level jet with model consensus showing 850 mb winds increasing to 50-60 knots ahead of the low/cold front Friday afternoon/evening. 

As this system moves inland on Friday, confidence is high on a significant wind storm affecting all of Southern California during the period of 2 PM - midnight Friday. Wind gusts of 50 to 60 mph are expected from the coast to the valleys and across portions of the lower deserts. Localized gusts of 60-70 mph is even possible. Wind gusts in the mountains and portions of the high deserts will exceed 70 mph. Even a period of high sustained winds of 30 to 40 mph is expected along the coast Friday afternoon into the evening. This will be a high impact wind event! Numerous trees will fall, posing a life and property risk. Downed powerlines, power outages, and some structural damage is also expected. 

In addition to the damaging winds, rain will increase during the day and become heavy. Most likely timing of heaviest rain is 4 PM - midnight Friday, beginning first in Orange County then spreading south and east through the evening. Rain rates of 0.5-1.0 inch per hour are expected. A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for the entire area.

frabz-Hows-the-weather-Ollie-Iz-Raining-

39 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

This is going to be a really bad one.

My weather app just informed me (and it's not restricted to Bixby Knolls):

An intense winter storm is expected to dump the heaviest rains in 10 to 20 years over Los Angeles and neighboring areas from late Thursday to early Saturday. Flash flooding and mudslides are expected.

STORM WATCH 2000!

I spent yesterday depositing 400 lbs of fill dirt in lower recessed areas around the house to direct water away and towards the drain while also laying plastic sheeting with sandbags to keep water from making it's way into the house. We just replaced carpets from the storm in December and I just don't want to have to go through that shit again. I may take tomorrow off just to keep track of where the water is collecting and make sure all of the drains remain unclogged.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

I spent yesterday depositing 400 lbs of fill dirt in lower recessed areas around the house to direct water away and towards the drain while also laying plastic sheeting with sandbags to keep water from making it's way into the house. We just replaced carpets from the storm in December and I just don't want to have to go through that shit again. I may take tomorrow off just to keep track of where the water is collecting and make sure all of the drains remain unclogged.

don't forget to wear your rubbers tomorrow.

images.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Gavin said:

https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/pacsouthwest_loop.php

Wow, the amount of moisture with this storm, throughout the state, is insane! Reports are already showing over two inches of rain in some of the Santa Barbara mountains.

It's been pretty mild here in L.A. so far.  Guess the heavy stuff keeps getting pushed back, and won't hit till this afternoon.  /knock on wood