• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

4 minutes ago, cezero said:

8th cancelled day of work today because of freezing rain all day yesterday.  Again, it was a no-brainer, but it's getting pretty surreal. 

The governor declared the last couple of weeks an emergency for our county, so there's a possibility we'll get to waive the 180-day requirement, and only have to make up 3-4 days now. Depends on a lot of factors. 

So how does that work? Cut into your Summer? Make up days?

6 minutes ago, cezero said:

Yeah. right now, we'd extend the school year by 8 days, so basically 2 weeks. 

It's a big problem for the multitude of teachers and students who made plans in advance, but that's just the way it works. 

I actually need those instruction days to get stuff done with my classes...particularly my IB class. 

I'm betting we'll end up having to make up 3 days because of the emergency declaration for our county, but it's all still pretty up in the air. 

Yikes what a bummer. 

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Okay, even I am over this constant rain in SoCal.   Drought has eased, time to move on, rain.

Constant? We've had 1 or 2 days up here this month where it hasn't rained.

I've been over it for quite a while, but it just keeps on coming. I had a feeling that this is how it would happen. Years of no rain, and then a couple of months where it does nothing but. We're dealing with heavy snow right now...not snowing heavily, but the snow itself is very wet and heavy. Lot's of trees down, on the roads and into houses, barns etc.

What a clusterfuk.

Central O.C. is now up to about 12 inches of rain already since October 1, of which 4-5 inches fell since Thursday alone.   

Normal rainfall for the entire October-September year is 14-15 inches.

Time for the sun to come out and stay out, muchas gracias. 

So an El Nino a year ago produced more drought, and a La Nina is producing above average rainfall.    Which way is up?

5 hours ago, cezero said:

8th cancelled day of work today because of freezing rain all day yesterday.  Again, it was a no-brainer, but it's getting pretty surreal. 

The governor declared the last couple of weeks an emergency for our county, so there's a possibility we'll get to waive the 180-day requirement, and only have to make up 3-4 days now. Depends on a lot of factors. 

This year we have had a ton of snow.  The schools never take snow days.  They use them for planned teacher's conferences and basketball games.  They shut down the buses but still expect all the kids to get to school.

Seriously.  Some time back the knob for the air temperature control in my car broke or rather the cheap piece of plastic connecting the knob to the piece in the dashboard broke.  The dealer wanted about a grand to fix it because they said they'd need to take the dashboard apart, replace the piece then put it back together and it would take hours.  I left it on cold by adjusting it with a pair of pliers because 99% of the time I need to turn the air on I need cold air and not warm air.  Today was not one of those days and I could see my breath in my car the entire way to work.

Sunny till the end of the month.  Then looks like we might get rain to start the month off.  Guess I have a few weeks to figure out how to fix a leak in the garage that's coming from a small one brick high retaining wall.  Might just be easier to rip the whole thing out, and make a new cement wall.