• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

Another El Niño??

Most models predict the continuation of ENSO-neutral (3-month average Niño-3.4 index between -0.5°C and 0.5°C) through the Northern Hemisphere summer (Fig. 6).   However, a few dynamical model forecasts, including the NCEP CFSv2, anticipate an onset of El Niño as soon as the Northern Hemisphere spring (March-May 2017).  Because of typically high uncertainty in forecasts made at this time of the year for the upcoming spring and summer, and the lingering La Niña-like tropical convection patterns, the forecaster consensus favors ENSO-neutral during the spring with a ~60% chance.  Thereafter, there are increasing odds for El Niño toward the second half of 2017 (~50% chance in September-November).  In summary, ENSO-neutral conditions have returned and are favored to continue through at least the Northern Hemisphere spring 2017(click CPC/IRI consensus forecast for the chance of each outcome for each 3-month period).

15 hours ago, gotbeer said:

For sale.  By Owner.  Emergency Spillway.  Only used once!

The Latest: California Lake Damage May Near $100 Million

The power of water is amazing. It can turn concrete into butter. I remember reading about a similar situation at the Glen Canyon Dam (Lake Powell.) If that one ever goes the whole Colorado River system is royally screwed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risks_to_the_Glen_Canyon_Dam

glen_canyon_dam2.jpg

On 2/11/2017 at 5:54 PM, mrwicked said:

My normal three hour drive from the city to tahoe took almost 10 hours Friday thanks to a nasty mudslide on the 80. 

Brutal.

But worth it.

And in the drive back.. a nasty pot hole took out my driver's side front tire. We counted 8 other cars it got within minutes of us. Just a big line of cars pulling over on the little windy road past truckee. 

Rolled back from tahoe to the city on a spare/donut. So much for the "don't drive more than 70 miles on a donut".... rolled the dice and made it back safely160 miles, going 50 mph.

So that was also a long ass drive. Was gorgeous up there though, conditions were perfect.

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

Where did you ride?

Didn't ride at all this trip. Wife had surgery on her foot last week, she in a boot. Our group hung out at Northstar saturday during the day, dinner at Lone Eagle and gambling. Property we stay at is on the water at incline village so chilled on the beach sun AM nursing hangovers before bopping around usual spots like Gar Woods and Rosie's. Was gorgeous, super mellow other than transpo chaos.

I'm heading back in a few weeks and should be able to ride then. 

17 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

Didn't ride at all this trip. Wife had surgery on her foot last week, she in a boot. Our group hung out at Northstar saturday during the day, dinner at Lone Eagle and gambling. Property we stay at is on the water at incline village so chilled on the beach sun AM nursing hangovers before bopping around usual spots like Gar Woods and Rosie's. Was gorgeous, super mellow other than transpo chaos.

Love Lone Eagle and Garwood's. Some of the best I've ever had while eating. I've never been to Rosie's though. How is it?

Hope your wife heals quick. Wearing a boot sux.

39 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

Love Lone Eagle and Garwood's. Some of the best I've ever had while eating. I've never been to Rosie's though. How is it?

Hope your wife heals quick. Wearing a boot sux.

Yeah Lone Eagle is by far our favorite restaurant. Their bison steak is just insane good. 

Rosie's is great! Check it out, it's in tahoe city. I had a ski lease house right in tahoe city for a few seasons, spent a lot of time in Rosie's. Great spot.

Thanks, yeah she hates the boot. I was impressed she still wanted to do this trip, but we had a blast other than the transpo chaos.

On 2/13/2017 at 0:26 PM, mrwicked said:

We stayed at Northstar when we went to Tahoe for my eldest stepdaughter's wedding. Impressive place.