• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CBS article - Blame all but Moreno the most

A worrisome article. If Arte really is the source of most of these bad moves there's not much that can be done and this franchise could be in serious trouble long-term. I suppose the best we can hope for is that he learns his lesson and leaves baseball decisions to baseball people, but as the saying goes you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

If Arte wants to meddle in the baseball decision, he needs to learn about the game.  The first thing he needs to learn is pitching is more important than anything.

What concerns me is how fans of this team were all excited about the additions of Pujols and Hamilton and glad we had an owner such as Moreno to spend the money.  Now everyone hates Moreno because he meddles too much in the team.  Fans and media will never be happy one way or the other.

I didn't want Pujols. I am on record as having stated on numerous occasions that I preferred Fielder. I wanted no piece of Hamilton. I wanted to re-sign Greinke, and, failing that, go after Sanchez.

When a team with so much promise is playing this bad, you can point the blame at just about anyone. My eye is on the concession lady in section 239.

Totally agree. I tried to find gluten-free food for my wife and ended up running around the whole stadium because of that concession lady.

Right but when he leaves only 17 mil to spend on SP and BP after signing Hamilton, well that's not good

agreed, and that is definetely on him, and him alone.

That said, I think he knows he's gonna have to spend again. And I still think, given his past, that when the media money kicks in, he'll open his wallet.

Lets just pray its for the right people this time.

I have no example off the top of my head, but I wonder if we maybe pull another wells and take a bad contract from someone, like the dodgers did. Mauer? Someome like that.

I didn't want Pujols. I am on record as having stated on numerous occasions that I preferred Fielder. I wanted no piece of Hamilton. I wanted to re-sign Greinke, and, failing that, go after Sanchez.

I remember you being one of the few that agreed with meon fielder (pre pujols). And I too wanted sanchez not hamilton.

That said...we need a thread about fielder! I have a thought about some things but don't want to hijack the thread

I dont have a problem with Moreno insisting on signing Pujols and Hamilton. Regressiin was expexted no one expected the regression so dramatic and quick. And after all its his money as one poster mentioned .

Where he screwed up was signing Hamilton and left only 17 million to replace two starters and fix the bullpen. No wonder Dipoto gambled like he did!

Moreno also screwed up by vetoing a trade of Santana in 2022 and veto8ng the trad3 of Bobby Abreu in 2012 and it was clear Abreu was going to be a problem.

Looking back the fall for the franchise was the removal of Bill Stoneman. Ojce he left Moreno began to intervene in baseball decisions.

I dont have a problem with Moreno insisting on signing Pujols and Hamilton. Regressiin was expexted no one expected the regression so dramatic and quick. And after all its his money as one poster mentioned .

Where he screwed up was signing Hamilton and left only 17 million to replace two starters and fix the bullpen. No wonder Dipoto gambled like he did!

Moreno also screwed up by vetoing a trade of Santana in 2022 and veto8ng the trad3 of Bobby Abreu in 2012 and it was clear Abreu was going to be a problem.

Looking back the fall for the franchise was the removal of Bill Stoneman. Ojce he left Moreno began to intervene in baseball decisions.

I don't disagree but I think the bigger issue is the supposed fact that he stepped in and over rode some of the decisions the GM made or wanted to make.  You pay the GM, manager, players and so on to do what they know how to do.  Being not just the owner but also a fan is great rather than having someone who treats it just like a business to make money ala Loria but that doesn't mean an owner knows what's best when it comes to certain decisions. 

After Hamilton was imported for $125 million over five years, that left only around $17 million to fill out a pitching staff with two starters pitchers and three relievers, with the result of the scrap-heap purchases being predictably bad.

It's a good thing that those contracts won't stop us from doing anything.