• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Three teens accused of murder of baseball player Chris Lane

I don't think people are genuinely trying to bring race into this. I think it's more of a sarcastic attempt to show that race shouldn't be brought into other issues like the Zimmerman case. I think it's showing how ridiculous it is when others throw the race card around irresponsibly.

Yep. If Travyon Martin's tragic death was race related, why is this one NOT race related?

It's probably not so much about race as it is about gangs. It seems the suspects were Crips and perhaps wanted some street cred. Their social media pages are all over the web. They were very busy young criminals, hardly "bored".

One of the killers did a little dance at the station as he was being booked. He seems to think the whole thing is a joke. I wonder if he'll feel the same way after forty years in a small cell.

Charge them as adults and throw the book at them. Maximum penalties.

I don't think people are genuinely trying to bring race into this. I think it's more of a sarcastic attempt to show that race shouldn't be brought into other issues like the Zimmerman case. I think it's showing how ridiculous it is when others throw the race card around irresponsibly.

I agree, although I think you're looking the other way when it comes to the implications of such commentary.

Let's not pretend that a consequence of somebody fulfilling some indwelling need to make commentary via this incident actually introduces race into this, but as a complete sideshow unless it actually does become part of the story as it unfolds.

I agree, although I think you're looking the other way when it comes to the implications of such commentary.

Let's not pretend that a consequence of somebody fulfilling some indwelling need to make commentary via this incident actually introduces race into this, but as a complete sideshow unless it actually does become part of the story as it unfolds.

I can agree with that.

My biggest issue is why the media makes the decision to make an incident racial. Just because someone victimizes someone of a different ethnicity does not mean its race related. All murder is hateful. It's really sad to see the culture of violence in this country at the level it is. There is no easy answer for it either. As this case unfolds I'm sure it will get more infuriating.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/21/black-teen-who-murdered-australian-jogger-posted-racist-tweets/

I have had a couple days to think this through and still can't figure out how this incident is any different than the trayvon martin incident. I honestly don't see you the difference (except for the fact that Zimmerman appeared to be acting in self defense and isn't an evil guy). Can someone please explain it to me? Dumb it down for me, I am not as quick as some on here.

I am still waiting for Obama to comment on this and denounce the three young killers. Should I expect to be waiting a long time?

I should have clarified....I meant from a racial perspective. There is no evidence that Martin's death was race related, much as there is no evidence that Lane's was race related. But Obama felt it necessary to comment publicly in one case, and groups rallied and rioted in one case, and many called for "justice for Trayvon." Where are those people now?