• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Moreno's Recent Interview With MLB.COM

He did not praise Scuoscia like he usually does in interviews. Also did not speak highly on DiPoto.

He didn't praise him, but he didn't bag on him either.  In some ways he admitted he's has a shitty pitching staff to contend with,   He specifically made reference to the gambles with the pen and the fact that the pitching staff has been crappy.

The one thing that does sound like a critique of MS is the mention of the bad starts -- but he follows it up with, they haven't played well at all.  This is the first time I've felt like Dipoto may be in trouble.

I think the one positive thing to read out of that transcript is that there appears to be a real interest in truly evaluating what went wrong and how it can and should be fixed. It seems like S-C-I-O-S-C-I-A is really in the hot seat. If he can't adequately defend his actions and his leadership of the team before the season ends he's toast. I think Dipoto will be given until the end of his contract (one more year) to prove himself.

One of the most telling statements was Moreno's own comment about himself having to stare in the mirror and try to guess if he is making the right decision. Perhaps it is a self-evaluation?

I found the stadium stuff interesting. He was reserved but seemed to indicate they were mostly looking for infrastructure upgrades. Maybe he just isn't in attack mode yet, but that's not how owners talk when they are gunning for new stadiums or huge taxpayer funded remodels.

Arte in May:

"

Moreno spoke to FOXSports.com outside Major League Baseball’s headquarters in New York, where he is attending this week’s owners’ meetings. He said the chances of an in-season managerial change are “right now, zero.”

“Mike has zero problems, OK?” Moreno said. “This is his 14th year. Mike goes beyond what he does on the field. He’s a good person. He’s a good person in the community, a very good baseball guy. You don’t have to ask me. You just ask other managers, other baseball people.

“Look at 14 years’ worth of productivity. Look at his record. He has two World Series rings with the Dodgers. He has one with the Angels. We’ve been to the playoffs.”

Arte now:

MLB.com: What do you think of the job [scioscia] has done through all this?

Moreno: I think Mike has been patient, and he tries to mix and match the best he can.

MLB.com: I know you have him signed through 2018. Will he work his way through that contract?

Moreno: I'm not going to answer that question right now. At the end of the year, you always sit down and try to evaluate your field personnel and your management personnel -- the front office as well.

Arte may do what most companies do with incompetent managers-promote them.

He should trade Scioscia to one of the numerous teams who will be lining up at the door.

Dipoto should get another year; one of the reasons he is here is because of Scioscia's poor personnel decisions (Wells, Napoli, etc).