• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Moreno's Recent Interview With MLB.COM

Arte and Autry revered here, but both are never realized that throwing premium money on past-their-prime or soon-to-be-past their prime players is folly.

Yet Disney has the only WS win and are absolutely abhored on this board.

Go figure.

Two words: Tony Tavares

Edit: He had a reputation for being a hard ass but I would hire him back in a heartbeat.

Disney rebuilt the stadium, which was previously a disaster of a hellhole

Disney designed the best uniform in the fifty year history of the franchise

Win a world series

But yeah, Diz sucked.

As bad as Tony Taveras was, and he was a nightmare, I'll see your Tony Tavares, and raise you Jackie Autry.  And go all in with Tony "Napoli for Wells" Reagins.

I don't get the stadium bash, wasn't the big A voted best sports experience in Sports Illustrated a couple years ago? It has only improved since.

If you are talking about my post, I edited to make my point a little clearer:  Disney rebuilt a previously crappy stadium and did a good job.

Is Bud Black under contract for 2014?

Say what some want to, but SD has no money to keep its' best players.

Bud can only do so much with limited funds.

As manager, he would make darned sure that the pitching and defense is solid eventually.

He will have an offensive base here already.

He is not Marcel Lacheman, who had no knowledge how to manage a team, and that's why he failed in latter 1995 and all of 1996 before being let go.

Best of all, Bud sure as heck would not retain Butcher.

Angel Stadium is a great place but it has it's problems. The plumbing is bad and the age of the structure makes it hard to add certain amenities that the newer stadiums have. If possible I'd like to see a new park in the next 10 years or so. The city of Anaheim has been lucky to use that place for so long. I mean it's the 4th oldest baseball park in the country.

My dreams of a new stadium would be of one built in the parking lot toward the Orangewood/State College corner with the outfield toward the future Platinum Triangle high rise sight. More seating behind home plate and maybe more luxury boxes could be added to increase profit from attendance. There needs to be a more destination-type setting in the immediate area as well. One with restaurants, bars, etc. I know there were plans for that before the housing market popped but maybe a new stadium could revitalize the area.

there's not much wrong cosmetically with Angel Stadium, though the rock pile is pretty lame IMO.  Apparently the place is rotting from the inside though - remember the huge rat problem a few years back?  Also, the neighborhood around the stadium is pretty boring/non-existent.  

there's not much wrong cosmetically with Angel Stadium, though the rock pile is pretty lame IMO.  Apparently the place is rotting from the inside though - remember the huge rat problem a few years back?  Also, the neighborhood around the stadium is pretty boring/non-existent.  

Weaver is a big fan of the rock pile. 

The biggest problem with the Big A isn't the actual stadium - it's what's around it. It's got an incredibly boring surrounding. Nothing but a huge parking lot and freeways. Dodger Stadium, for example, has a very scenic surrounding of lush mountains (Chavez Ravine). Most ballparks have are built in the middle of a walking town, like for example AT&T park. Angels Stadium kinda sucks in that regard - the actual stadium experience isn't bad.

Disappointed about his stadium comments.  I don't find the fan experience at the Big A all that great.  

yeah agreed.

compared to other newer stadiums that one is just meh.

granted its in the suburbs with minimal things around it, but angels vs giants games are night and day.

If you are talking about my post, I edited to make my point a little clearer: Disney rebuilt a previously crappy stadium and did a good job.

No, I think someone in the beginning or so said the stadium or atmosphere sucked.....I'm reading from the DMV so I'm half reading, half looking up to see the number call system, and half.....people watching, to be polite.

Looks like I changed the direction of the conversation. I think Lawrence pretty much hit the nail on the head. The big A works, but is nothing like the new stadiums out there. I too am surprised it has lasted so long.

The biggest problem with the Big A isn't the actual stadium - it's what's around it. It's got an incredibly boring surrounding. Nothing but a huge parking lot and freeways. Dodger Stadium, for example, has a very scenic surrounding of lush mountains (Chavez Ravine). Most ballparks have are built in the middle of a walking town, like for example AT&T park. Angels Stadium kinda sucks in that regard - the actual stadium experience isn't bad.

The huge parking lot and freeways are why its so much easier to get in and out of there than most other Stadiums. 

yeah agreed.

compared to other newer stadiums that one is just meh.

granted its in the suburbs with minimal things around it, but angels vs giants games are night and day.

The Giants play in the best park I have ever been to. The food itself is beyond compare to other stadiums.