• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Oilers are still horrible

angelduck

The worst part for us Oilers fans is that every time this happens, Daryl Katz grants Kevin Lowe a longer leash because there's new hope. Katz was a fan of the team and thus will give his hero a million chances to fail as long as there's a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel. Well, a gigantic floodlight just lit up. Let's see how this clownshow botches the development of THE NEXT FREAKING CROSBY.

McDavid said "It will be a true honor to be able to go there" so it appears this shouldn't be a Lindros situation. He also called the Oilers an "unbelievable organization." Got that right, Connor. They're certainly unbelievable. Also, I suppose I shouldn't feel bad for Buffalo as they'll get Eichel. Arizona was the true loser of this lottery.

• 4 weeks later...

Review of the offseason post-lottery win:

-The MacT/Lowe Era mercifully comes to a close as Daryl Katz says "Wait a minute... Connor McDavid might NOT want to become yet another soldier in the army of Patrik Stefan's we've created. Patrick LaForge- you're fired. Bob Nicholson- wheel's yours."

-Nicholson hires Peter Chiarelli as GM. Kevin Lowe moves to non-hockey operations. Craig MacTavish's status moves to Katz' coffee bitch and anything else non-driving related that Katz needs.

-Oilers sign Finnish goaltender Eetu Laurikainen.

Todd Nelson does not deserve to lose his job. However, if they're going to replace him, it had better be with Dave Foley stunt double Todd McLellan.

Within the next three years I may even be able to start a new Oilers thread. My God... what is this feeling? Is this... hope?

Apparently Mike Babcock has been given permission to talk to other teams. Give him a call, BucBrett.

My buddy is a Blues fan and suggested this trade: Blues send Oshie and Pietrangelo to the Oilers for the first pick. Would you consider it?

mcllelan coached hall and eberle on a line with crosby at the worlds.

makes sense that he would want to coach that team with their freakish young talent.

they need to make some moves though and shore up the D and goaltending.

Edited by mrwicked

Seems kind of fitting that Edmonton would choose the guy that turned SJ into a zoo to be their coach. He should fit right in.

An article in Pro Hockey Talk says he'll bring 'mental strength'. I wonder what the SJ players think about that.

I think they'll be better. But, I still think they'll be f'ed up.

Edited by deepdrive

Apparently Mike Babcock has been given permission to talk to other teams. Give him a call, BucBrett.

My buddy is a Blues fan and suggested this trade: Blues send Oshie and Pietrangelo to the Oilers for the first pick. Would you consider it?

Absolutely not. With all the changes made this offseason there's zero chance of them trading that pick. The season ticket package the organization sent out is the Oiler logo on a draft lottery style golden ticket, and Todd McLellan is already discussing coaching McDavid so the Oilers pretty much consider McDavid an Oiler already.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Between Draisaitl, Nikitin and Scrivens, the Bakersfield Condors should be pretty solid in the AHL.

Anyway, Thursday my boys open up in St. Louis. Fourth line and depth at defense are still pretty brutal, but if Cam Talbot can be what he was with the Rangers (I know, it's not very likely), they might have the start of something here. Sekera and Gryba are nice additions and it would be nice if Justin Schultz' camp and preseason carries over and he FINALLY isn't a freaking road cone on skates out there. All I really want is meaningful hockey to watch beyond January. And for McDavid to not get murdered out there.

Within two years I hope to be able to start a new Oilers thread. Here's to a new season of hope!