• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Oilers are still horrible

angelduck

I'm going to the Kings/Oilers game at Staples on April 4.    That should be a great game, and finally get to see McDavid play in person for the first time.

mcdavid's speed is pretty impressive. got to see him a couple of months ago when the oilers were in town, and my goodness, the boy can fly.

• 1 month later...

Great for them and the fans - been a long time since they've put a quality product on the ice.

If only they hadn't kept all those cronies around running things for years, would have happened much sooner.

Nice to see them in the playoffs - a battle vs Calgary would be insane.

Gonna be interesting to see how the league gets them the #1 overall pick this year, but I'm sure they'll find a way. They always do.

2 hours ago, mrwicked said:

Great for them and the fans - been a long time since they've put a quality product on the ice.

If only they hadn't kept all those cronies around running things for years, would have happened much sooner.

Gonna be interesting to see how the league gets them the #1 overall pick this year, but I'm sure they'll find a way. They always do.

No, that will go to the Vancouver Canucks.  they need to spread the wealth around in Canada.

But good for the Oilers.  May the Ducks not have to face them till at least the conference finals.  They are a tough fast team. 

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:35 PM, mrwicked said:

I am happy to see a franchise with great tradition finally rise again. I think part of the blame was they drafted too many of the same type of players. Everyone wanted to skate around the slot and be fed the puck, but nobody wanted to go in the corner and get it. I think the Lucic signing was very underrated.

Happy to see my guy Talbot doing well in goal. He was a good guy, stuck behind a HOF goalie, so It's great he got his chance.  

The drafting of a million forwards at the expense of defense in the days of Tambellini and McTavish was absolutely part of the problem.  The blueline was horrific enough to make Devan Dubnyk look like an ECHL level goaltender as the fanbase and media inexplicably blamed him for not stopping the million scoring chances coughed up each game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
48 minutes ago, bucbrett said:

Boy, don't I look stupid for my optimism.

Yeah, I don't get it.  I thought they would be battling the Ducks for the division.  At least I can see why the Ducks aren't doing as well.  

Since you will be in sell mode soon.  McDavid for Holzer and Bieska.  /obligatory

10 hours ago, bucbrett said:

Boy, don't I look stupid for my optimism.

I'd say the GM & Coach ran that team into the ground, Talbot starting 73 games in regular season + more in the post season effected Talbot mentally & physically. Their GM traded away winger depth too.

I read the other problem is their defense is allowing too many high quality shots to get thru. They need another defender, a puck mover that would help with the Oilers keeping the puck in the offensive zone away from Talbot, i see that if they start to tank this year they can trade the #2 or #3 overall pick for a D-man in the offseason.

I suspect NYR will be sellers after they collapse, they could get Shattenkirk or the Panthers might be sellers too & trade Keith Yandle. The Oilers need more winger depth too but they can sign a bunch of 1 year deals to guys looking to rebound or veteran wingers who will benifet from receiving passes from McDavid.

I feel bad for the Oilers, this was supposed to be the year the Oilers were on top of the Western Conference along with the Ducks(until the injurys were announced after last years playoffs).

Instead the season has gone the worst way possible for both teams.
Even though the Oilers traded away too many wingers like Eberle, their current guys should be able to produce by being fed pucks from McDavid & Draisaitl.

A good offseason for the Oilers will be to add a solid backup goalie, acquire a speedy puck moving D-man like Vatanen that also is solid in his own zone as well as taking chances on some low cost FA forwards looking to rebound with having McDavid & Draisatl feed them the puck.

• 4 weeks later...