• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Oilers are still horrible

angelduck

Throw Stortini in, he wasn't very good at hockey but I always loved that dude when he was an Oiler for some reason.

The way I see it, Hall is untouchable, RNH can't be traded because this team never seems to keep a healthy corps of centers and both MacT and Eakins have publicly stated Yak won't be traded. Who knows on that Yakupov quote though as the Oilers front office isn't exactly reputable.

I truly believe this team won't be good until fanboy owner Daryl Katz rids the entire front office of the Boys on the Bus. I appreciate the dynasty as much as anyone, I caught the tail end of it as a kid and became a fan because ESPN would show them all the time, but this seemingly endless attempt to hold onto the past with guys like Kevin Lowe, Craig McTavish and now Mark Messier in the front office has not and will not work. I'd love a GM that gives a damn about advanced stats rather than being obsessed with "grit," "sandpaper," and "compete level."

Unless Katz is creating a time machine to make it 1987 again, in which case I take back everything stated above.

The only Western Conference team with a losing record vs. the East.

I don't think anybody would be willing to offer whatever the Oilers expect to get for Hall, especially since he can't seem to make it through a full season without missing a bunch of time due to injuries and is signed through 2020.

Bad news: Sharks completely dominate, could've easily been 6-1 luckily Dubnyk kept them in and the Oil lost 3-1. I'm sure Oilers fans will find a way to blame him and Yakupov (whom scored the lone Oiler goal) anyway.

Good news: I don't have to watch these asshats for another 21 hours.

• 1 month later...

**** Daryl Katz.

**** Kevin Lowe.

**** Craig MacTavish aka Tambellini 2.0.

**** signing Bryz, like that was going to do anything to help.

Burn it to the ground. Or maybe move to Seattle or Quebec. Who the hell cares anymore.

**** this obsession with collecting as many players from the dynasty and placing them in my sort of advisory position available. Hey Katz you jagoff- CREATE A TIME MACHINE AND TAKE US BACK TO '87 OR GET THE **** OUT. Just putting guys like Messier in advisory roles doesn't magically bring back the dynasty, you drooling fanboy.

Then these idiots will somehow win the lottery over poor Buffalo and stand up on the stage as if they deserve it with their shiny new no.1 pick that will be ruined by a culture of failure within two years.

Go **** yourselves, Oilers front office.

• 4 weeks later...

Oilers acquire regular healthy scratch Mark Fraser from Toronto in exchange for Cam Abney and one of my favorite players, Teemu Hartikainen. Hartikainen was in the KHL this season so essentially it's a rights trade. Glad MacT acquired another no. 6/7 defenseman because we need more. Good trade MacTavish. Just kidding, you're horrible and that whole front office makes me sick.

FIRE EVERY SCOUT.

Poor Ben Scrivens needs to run away after this season if this is the plan to improve the defense.

Scrivens went from one of the best D's to the worst.

Meanwhile Murray just got an extension for Fistric who he got for a 6th round pick.  He is an excellent physical defender.  Murray is the man.

Psh.... Fistric.... wasn't good enough for Kevin Lowe & Co.! I'd love to know how Kevin Lowe of all people doesn't know how to help build a competent blueline. He was one of my favorite players as a little kid and now I can't stand the sight of him. Good for Fistric though. I like to see discarded Oilers succeed. Same with Penner and Cogliano.

• 1 month later...

It was a... dare I say it- good day for MacT! A 2014 5th round pick and a 2015 3rd round pick for Fasth, and a 4th rounder from Minnesota in return for Bryzgalov. He's improved the goaltending by leaps and bounds over the last month and a half.

Now tomorrow unfortunately Hemsky and Smyth go. I'll be rooting for whichever team Smyth goes to in the playoffs. Get Smytty's name on the Cup!

• 5 weeks later...

It was a... dare I say it- good day for MacT! A 2014 5th round pick and a 2015 3rd round pick for Fasth, and a 4th rounder from Minnesota in return for Bryzgalov. He's improved the goaltending by leaps and bounds over the last month and a half.

Now tomorrow unfortunately Hemsky and Smyth go. I'll be rooting for whichever team Smyth goes to in the playoffs. Get Smytty's name on the Cup!

I like the Scrivens and Fasth moves for the Oilers. You guys will at least have some competent goaltending for next year.

Now if you draft Ekblad in addition to having Darnell Nurse (who looks promising), and sign another veteran blueliner you guys may even compete for a playoff spot as soon as next year.

I like the Scrivens and Fasth moves for the Oilers. You guys will at least have some competent goaltending for next year.

Now if you draft Ekblad in addition to having Darnell Nurse (who looks promising), and sign another veteran blueliner you guys may even compete for a playoff spot as soon as next year.

Kind of 50/50 on this one, isn't it?

I mean, is there any chance this guy goes past the top 2 picks?  So, unless Buffalo or the Oilers win the lottery, this guy will be gone by the Oilers' pick (This all assuming Buffalo doesn't take him).

Throw Stortini in, he wasn't very good at hockey but I always loved that dude when he was an Oiler for some reason.

The way I see it, Hall is untouchable, RNH can't be traded because this team never seems to keep a healthy corps of centers and both MacT and Eakins have publicly stated Yak won't be traded. Who knows on that Yakupov quote though as the Oilers front office isn't exactly reputable.

I truly believe this team won't be good until fanboy owner Daryl Katz rids the entire front office of the Boys on the Bus. I appreciate the dynasty as much as anyone, I caught the tail end of it as a kid and became a fan because ESPN would show them all the time, but this seemingly endless attempt to hold onto the past with guys like Kevin Lowe, Craig McTavish and now Mark Messier in the front office has not and will not work. I'd love a GM that gives a damn about advanced stats rather than being obsessed with "grit," "sandpaper," and "compete level."

Unless Katz is creating a time machine to make it 1987 again, in which case I take back everything stated above.

Funny, isn't this exactly who Cogliano is?  Well, maybe not so much the sandpaper.

B...b...but he doesn't punch people in the face like guys the Oilers have decided to keep around in the time since they said goodbye to Cogs. Greats have come and gone, like Eager, McIntyre and Gadzic!!! Everyone knows these are the type of forwards needed to win a Stanley Cup. By "everyone" I of course mean "nobody besides MacT & Co."

Amazing tribute to Captain Canada last night. Great job by the Oilers putting the 'C' on Smytty's sweater. It was also very classy of the Canucks to come back out on the ice to shake Smyth's hand. There was a ton of dust in the room watching that.

Thank you, Ryan Smyth. Heart and soul of the Oilers.

• 2 months later...

Benoit Pouliet? 5 years/$ 20 million.

wow..........!

As a Rangers fan, I say, good luck with that one.

He gave us half a season of play, that you are rewarding him for with that crazy contract.

Get ready for 5 years of dumb penalties in the offensive zone.

• 2 weeks later...

Benoit Pouliet? 5 years/$ 20 million.

wow..........!

As a Rangers fan, I say, good luck with that one.

He gave us half a season of play, that you are rewarding him for with that crazy contract.

Get ready for 5 years of dumb penalties in the offensive zone.

I'm just thrilled MacT managed to sign anything other than a face puncher. Baby steps.