• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Oilers are still horrible

angelduck

• 2 months later...

OILERS SEASON PREVIEW

-They'll be awful defensively again.

-Scrivens will steal a few games.

-Poor Taylor Hall will cement his status as an elite wing all while having his spirit slowly broken playing for this clownshow.

Paid for my NHL GameCenter Saturday night, let's get Oilers Death March 9.0 started baby!

*END PREVIEW*

Bonino looked pretty good for Vancouver against the Oilers. Gonna miss that guy in a Ducks sweater

As for the Oilers...I'm really liking this Yakimov guy. Big, with some obvious hockey sense and puck skills. Him and Nurse may be able to add some size that the Oil are lacking

Edited by Butcher'd

I'd be surprised if Nurse isn't withYakimov in Oklahoma City before game 9. You're absolutely right though- Yakimov at C and Nurse at D will definitely add some much needed size to the lineup.

Apparently both Nugent-Hopkins and Yakupov put ten pounds on during the offseason so at least the problem is being recognized. I assume the issue of burning the first year of entry level contracts won't be happening anymore either which is why I can see Nurse being sent back if the Oil get off to a rough start.

Unless something changes in the next hour, it looks like Nurse and Klefbom are in the pressbox again tonight, as they were for game 1. I do not understand this team. I feel like I have been repeating that sentence over and over for eight years now. I guess the idea is for them to watch the Brad Hunt/Justin Schultz pairing so they know what not to do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

David Perron- Friday, November 21st:

"Something has to change. When you are making those mistakes, something needs to happen. They are the same mistakes we were doing last year. We keep talking about how much better we are this year, but for me it is the same record now that we had last year. It is not better."

"It's about a full sixty. We need to have accountability from coaches and teammates."

Sunday, November 23rd:

Oilers place David Perron on trading block.

Good for Perron calling this circus out. Taylor Hall should do the same if he ever wants to play for an actual NHL team.

Yes. It starts with Daryl Katz and his insistence on employing Kevin Lowe, the one constant over the past decade. I'm sure Dallas Eakins and the scouting department are next to go. Good for them. Until Lowe is fired, the rest is simply re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

• 2 weeks later...