• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Oilers are still horrible

angelduck

its an org problem.

just really really bad drafting and prospect development.

they way over value their players. 

and they just refuse to trade them for D and goalie help.

I'm sure yet again they will draft a center/forward.

how sad it must be.

in 5-6 years top tier players like RNH or Hall have never played a meaningful game.

shultz is just done. what a waste.

yakupov looks terrible.

RNH and eberle are probably begging to get out.

hall is awesome though.

they have no botton 6 and an ahl team for defense.

if I'm them i keep mcdavid, one of drai/hall, nurse and turn the rest into d-men, a goaltender and veterans.

we'll take RNH to center rakell and perry.

Edited by mrwicked

I think given Schultz character issues, he's probably tired of waiting for the stockpile of prospects to get the Oilers into the playoffs & wants out. If he was playing well this year, edmonton would never trade him given how bad their D is, so him playing bad makes them want to trade him.

If he suddenly rebounds on another team.....

I think Schultz is douche enough to give nearly zero effort because he wants to be traded. He could end up being hated the most by Edmonton fans if he rebounds on another team.

In a 2012 draft redo Nail might not be in the top 10. 2012 was the defenseman draft imo, although no Ekblad, Jones or Hanifin but a ton of guys with high ceilings. I'm thinking #Lindholm would be #3 in alot of re-drafts when u factor in defensive play & not just pure offensive scoring numbers.

yeah.

if they had a re-do it would be the Yakupov pick and the RNH pick.

But come on, how many teams would kill to have had the chance to draft those guys?

They just have a culture of losing, and you are bringing in players who have never lost a game since they were 2 years old. 

Year after year.

I read an article and it was talking about at practice, they do a special teams drills of PP vs PK, and the players bet who is going to win, the PP or the PK.

And they skate to one side of the ice or another, and after whichever was wrong does laps or whatever.

So they did it, and choosing PP vs PK every single player though the PK would win. 

Even Hall and RNH and Ebs who are *on* the top PP unit!

Except for Mcdavid, he said he would never bet against his team, and went over and sat on the other side by himself.

He is the only one who believes they can win.

I would keep him and trade the rest and just start fresh. 

They don't even need to re-build, they have comical assets.

Edited by mrwicked

Oilers need more veterans.  They are filled with too many young 20 somethings.  They don't have the leadership to lead.  As shown by MrWicked's post, I don't think a veteran team would do that.  They are definitely showing their age, since to me it's actions of teens not taking it seriously. 

Heck, Oilers should trade for Jagr.  He's bring instant maturity to the team.  Hopefully he could show them a work ethic.  And if the players start to slouch, then he'll sleep with their girlfriends. 

yeah.

if they had a re-do it would be the Yakupov pick and the RNH pick.

But come on, how many teams would kill to have had the chance to draft those guys?

They just have a culture of losing, and you are bringing in players who have never lost a game since they were 2 years old. 

Year after year.

I read an article and it was talking about at practice, they do a special teams drills of PP vs PK, and the players bet who is going to win, the PP or the PK.

And they skate to one side of the ice or another, and after whichever was wrong does laps or whatever.

So they did it, and choosing PP vs PK every single player though the PK would win. 

Even Hall and RNH and Ebs who are *on* the top PP unit!

Except for Mcdavid, he said he would never bet against his team, and went over and sat on the other side by himself.

He is the only one who believes they can win.

I would keep him and trade the rest and just start fresh. 

They don't even need to re-build, they have comical assets.

& They'll have Austin Matthews too, most likely if the NHL decides to rig the draft lottery again for the Oilers.

They could just keep McDavid & Matthews, move Hall & RNH to build a better roster overall.

This year was supposed to be the year the Devils & Coyotes tank for Matthews.....instead its the Oilers/Sabres again.

Perhaps it will be next year NJ becomes the worst team in the league, sad part is next draft won't have a Austin Matthews.

• 2 months later...

NHL Draft Lottery is tomorrow. Fan rage incoming.

Do u think Toronto wins it ?  The NHL wants Toronto rebuilt quickly & back in the playoffs & might rig it for them this year like they have for the Oilers instead of Buffalo getting the 1st pick.

I bet the NBA will rig it for the Lakers too

Edited by MikeScioscia4MVP

The NHL has to want Toronto to win it. I listen to Hockey Central at Noon on Sportsnet every day and it might as well be called Leafs Central at Noon. It would probably be best for the league if that happened, honestly.

I felt genuinely bad the last couple times the Oilers won it. Now I'm circling back around to wanting to see the anger and outrage because, hell, I've been miserable the last ten years watching this team. Why not get some sort of enjoyment?

Leafs just won the Draft Lottery. They are getting Matthews no doubt.

Edmonton can trade down to #7 & draft Defenseman Jakob Chychrun.

NHL rigged it I bet.  I don't trust any of the draft lottery results.

Yup.  After I heard the Leafs won it, I was like must have been administered by the NCAA and FIFA.

i don't know how anyone can say it's rigged for the leafs.

they have been awful my entire existence (except the doug gilmore / dave andreychuk / felix potvin years).

the league has totally been helping oilers sure, but i don't think they helped the leafs this time.

all it did was prove that tanking to get the best pick works.

oilers also got unlucky in their timing to get those #1s

hall, nuge, yakupov top picks in a row? ouch.

mcdcvid obviously is game changing.

• 5 months later...

Trading Hall for Larsson and Yakupov for... nothing seemed insane at the time but thus far it's worked out well for everyone involved.  Larsson has been a really nice 1st pairing with Klefbom and Hallsy is tearing it up in NJ.  And Yak looks so happy to be playing in St. Louis.  Seeing Yak smile is pretty cool in my book.  He needed that change in scenery.

Kris Russell has been well worth the flier the Oil took on him.  Lucic has been worth every penny.  There's been a noticeable difference in how much the younger guys get messed with compared to the past, oh, ten years.  It helps when your designated tough guy can also play legit top 6 forward hockey.

Also, Cam Talbot absolutely owns.  This season has been so wonderful and I don't want this to stop.  I'm extremely grateful for how it's started.

• 2 months later...

Haven't been on in a while.  I moved to Louisville four months ago.  I've watched every game this year though.  Amazing.  Guys like Caggiula, Big Rig, Letestu contributing every night... this is special and I've said it before, but I'm so grateful to get to watch this team play this well.  It seems like just yesterday I was claiming that they "lowered property values in Detroit simply by playing a game there."

Here's to a solid second half!  Go Oilers!

On 1/26/2017 at 10:05 PM, bucbrett said:

Haven't been on in a while.  I moved to Louisville four months ago.  

1. make sure you go to the louisville slugger factory/museum. pretty awesome place, in case you haven't been yet.

2. you have to say it like a local - it's L'ulville. anything less identifies you as a foreigner.