• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout trade package

I would prefer to sign Mike Trout to a long, long contract and never let him go anywhere.  But, I also wonder what kind of massive trade package he could command in return.  What kind of players do you think we could in return for Mike Trout if he were traded.  (Mind you, I'm one of those fans that will flat out stop watching this team if he's traded - just curious)

Add:  If you're not going to contribute to this post, then please don't post at all.

Trout won't get traded and if he did, I'd have a real hard time supporting this team anymore. 

With that said, if you put him on the block right now, I could see these being realistic trades:

STL- Carpenter, Taveras, Martinez, Wacha, Adams for Trout

PIT: Cole, Marte, Polanco, Hanson for Trout

NYM: Wheeler, Syndergaard, d'Arnaud, Niese, Parnell for Trout

MIN: Sano, Buxton, Meyer, Hicks for Trout

BOS: Bogaerts, Bradley, Webster, Barnes for Trout

Trout's the best player and the most sure thing you can possibly have. To get him for several years, you have to pay a steep price like some of these proposals above. 

Most teams couldn't put together a package that works for both parties. You can't just gut your team to add one great player. Any team that does that would instantly become, well...us. And the idea is to not be like us.

Edit - changed "really good" to "great" because I know this board. About ten of you were about to start a shitstorm over my blatant and unimaginable disrespect.

Add: If you're not going to contribute to this post, then please don't post at all.

Lol Did anyone read this? This thread is just for kicks. We all know the trade proposals in here won't make sense for the other team. Anyway, I'd want a package of Harvey, Wheeler and d'Arnaud

I'd rather not.

Don't end up being fleeced like the Fish were when they traded Cabrera to Detroit for outfielder Cameron Maybin, pitcher Andrew Miller, catcher Mike Rabelo and minor league pitchers Eulogio De La Cruz, Dallas Trahern, and Burke Badenhop.

Seriously, has any of those 6 EVER done much of anything at the MLB level.   Maybin has been almost a total bust, never exceeding a low .700s OPS and is age 26.   Miller has finally become a solid reliever (not great) for the Red Sux, but is already age 28.    The others have no true MLB background.

I'm guessing the only way the Angels would 'get rid of him' is if they can't sign him to an extension, he's about to hit FA and they're out of it.  Anyways as YOT said there's no reason he would be moved right now and given that he's under club control for 4 more years there's probably not a realistic package that a team could come up with it to get him.  I think St. Louis or NYM would have the most attractive pieces if you're talking major league ready talent + top tier prospects in AA or AAA.

I'm fine if he leaves via free agency; that's his choice.  But if we CHOOSE to get rid of the best player ever up to this point, that's when I'm outie.

If Trout leaves via free agency, what do we get, a draft pick?

The thing that will complicate it even more is that if the Angels trade him, it'll be because he won't sign a long term contract with us.  Or he has 1 year left till free agency.  

The amount you get will be dependent on when you trade him.  Now will be the biggest bounty, but I don't know if there is any team willing to give up that much.  1 year left till free agency, and Angels fans won't be happy with what they get.  

It's pretty much up to Mike Trout, because I can't think that the Angels won't try and sign him long term.