• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout trade package

Ten years, $240 million, backloaded because of the enormous amount of money we still have to shell out to Hamilton and Pujols.

2014, Year 1: $7 million

2: $10m

3: $12m

4: $17m

Year 5 (Hamilton's contract will be over) $25 million

6: $28m

Years 7-10: $35 million (Pujols' contract will be over in year 9)

Include a $1 million signing bonus.

Total of $240 million which would take him to age 32. The first six years of the deal, he earns $100 million. 

I'm assuming you guys were angels fans before trout, so why stop after trout leaves?

I would definitely still watch and root for the Angels if Trout was traded. 

#1 I was an Angels fan long before we drafted Trout.

#2 Trout would bring in a haul and help the Angels put a better team on the field.

*Note, I don't prefer or even entertain the thought of trading him, but if we did I like AJ's the best. 

Stanton and Fernandez. 

#2 Trout would bring in a haul and help the Angels put a better team on the field.

This. I don't get the "I'd stop being a fan if we trade Trout". Why do people put a player before a team?

*Note, I don't prefer or even entertain the thought of trading him, but if we did I like AJ's the best. 

Stanton and Fernandez. 

And sending him to Miami is far enough away he shouldn't come back to haunt us.

Stanton and Fernandez. 

I don't think that it is enough to be honest. Stanton and Fernandez, over their remaining controllable years would still give us less production overall than Trout over his remaining controlled years. We'd have to get more to make it even a consideration.

Trout is a treasure to watch and we will all find out together what truly motivates him. Things like family, teammates, organizational structure, winning and or losing, city, ballpark, money or sometimes just home sweet home are the driving factors.

Mike Trout has plenty of time to think about what he wants to do. If he had to make that decision today...........Yikes!

I don't think that it is enough to be honest. Stanton and Fernandez, over their remaining controllable years would still give us less production overall than Trout over his remaining controlled years. We'd have to get more to make it even a consideration.

After this year Stanton will have 3 years of club control left while Fernandez will have 5.  Trout will have 4 years left so I don't agree that they would provide less production.

Stanton and Fernandez. 

That could work for the Halos.  

But with Fernandez under the Fishes club control for this season plus 5 more, I don't see them doing that trade.

Trout has one more club control seasons than Stanton (4 vs 3 after 2013).

Stanton is a SoCal native (Panorama City).

The one main downside to Stanton is that he's not much of a base stealer.

Anyway, I wouldn't trade Trout to anyone unless this kind of return was offered (already really good and young MLB talent).   

Plus, if the org does things right from now on, maybe by 2015/2016 they will be SERIOUS post-season contenders again any way.

After this year Stanton will have 3 years of club control left while Fernandez will have 5.  Trout will have 4 years left so I don't agree that they would provide less production.

Stanton at 3 years/4 WAR per season = 12 WAR

Fernandez at 5 years/4 WAR per season = 20 WAR

Trout at 4 years/10 WAR per season = 40 WAR

Not to mention that Trout takes up one roster space.

We can and should get more. Even if you up Stanton's yearly WAR to 6 per season you are still short of what Trout produces.

What if you push Fernandez up to 6? Dude has over 4 rWAR through 2/3 of a season at age 20.

FanGraphs has him at 2.9 so far this season. Even if you take the best seasons of Stanton and Fernandez they are still the equivalent of Mike Trout but not only are you having to give up two rosters spots for one you also have to pay two star salaries instead of one?

You need more than those two in my opinion. Actually my real opinion is that we never trade Mike Trout and we pay him to stay here the rest of his career.