• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Enjoy Trout While He's Still Here

ghoetke

I'm sure the Angels will do everything they can to extend him.  All the other moves they've made have been for the benefit of the team many of them just flat out haven't worked but they're trying.  If he ends up elsewhere it would suck but I'm an Angels fan first and foremost.  Was long before they won their only title and will be long after.  In the meantime I'll just enjoy watching him play and hope they can right the ship. 

I'm glad you can be assured in your belief of baseball cliches to have intrinsic knowledge of Trout's inner most thoughts on the matter.  "He's a winner!", what does that even mean?  Is he also a "gamer" and a "grinder" and a "student of the game"?

I'm sure Arte knows he needs to lock the kid up, it isn't exactly rocket science.  Most of the fans that are actually still going to games are going to see him, and he needs to be the cornerstone of this franchise for the next decade.  

I feel like the angels have inherited too many bad contracts with Pujols, Wells, and Hamilton. and they wont have enough to resign Trout now.  

I think Arte will drop the ball on Trout and try to sign him for real cheap since resigning your own players doesn't give big headlines, and Trout will end up moving on.  That's all Arte is about - big headlines.......and not putting a good product out on the field.

You guys really make me laugh sometimes.

I remember all of the talk about Weaver leaving and that there was no way we would be able to convince him to not go out into free agency. I was one of the handful of people who argued otherwise.

There is absolutely no reason that the Angels won't lock Trout up in the near future for an extended contract. They will do everything in their power to make this happen.

An extension that at, the VERY MINIMUM, keeps him in Anaheim through his age 28-29 seasons is a doable thing. As far as the other contracts on the books you just back-load the contract so that when Wilson's and Hamilton's contracts are expiring you are paying him more in those years.

Money is not the issue here and I know Moreno sees the potential to not only have the best player in baseball play for his team, he also sees the marketing opportunites and the chance to have Mike Trout go into the Hall of Fame (yes I went there) as an Angel. These are not invaluable things to him as both an owner and a fan of baseball.

If I were the Angels I would seriously consider offering him a 20 year contract at $400 million+. This would not only be a record-breaking contract but it would also allow the Angels to load the contract more heavily in Trout's prime years (26-29) while keeping the AAV at a number more reasonable for luxury tax purposes.

The Angels either need to go short extension through some of his prime years or they need to go really long term over the rest of his career. I believe they will get it done and get it done within the next year.

LOL @ this thread.  You guys make it seem like the Angels are a small market team and have no way to pay money to one of the top 5 players in all of baseball now, who most likely will be the top player in all of baseball in 5 years.

You guys are so doom and gloom. How sad.

LOL @ this thread.  You guys make it seem like the Angels are a small market team and have no way to pay money to one of the top 5 players in all of baseball now, who most likely will be the top player in all of baseball in 5 years.

You guys are so doom and gloom. How sad.

It's not always about the money. The kid would probably like to experience the playoffs. You know those games that the Angels used to be allowed to play in back in the day?