• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Zach Borenstein

AA is the test, if he's killing it in late June in that park then they need to be aggressive and send him to AAA.  Trumbo has been given enough time to show he's more than just a one trick pony.   The system has a glut of OFers all of which offer more speed and defensive value than Trumbo does.   They don't have his power but if they can get on base it may all even out. 

I agree that they should aggressively promote him in June if does well in AA, but I don't see how going to the PCL would do anything for his development under the circumstances. He's a mature college bat who has come into his own. Everyone hits in the PCL. Unlike Cron and maybe Grichuk as is being discussed in another thread, he doesn't need a confidence boost or more trade value.

If he does well in AA, he should skip AAA and go straight to The Bigs. If you can rake in the Texas League, the PCL will certainly not present you with a challenge.

Edited by Toby Ziegler

I agree that they should aggressively promote him in June if does well in AA, but I don't see how going to the PCL would do anything for his development under the circumstances. He's a mature college bat who has come into his own. Everyone hits in the PCL. Unlike Cron and maybe Grichuk as is being discussed in another thread, he doesn't need a confidence boost or more trade value.

If he does well in AA, he should skip AAA and go straight to The Bigs. If you can rake in the Texas League, the PCL will certainly not present you with a challenge.

I actually don't disagree with you -- it partially plays into what my thinking is with keeping Grichuk at AA to work on his walk rate.   Main reason I'd move ZB to AAA is to dispel some of the thinking that he's an older, more experienced hitter tearing up younger less experienced pitching.

His opposite field HR tonight, well last night technically, was rather impressive. 

Ya, for those of you who have been to the 66ers stadium, it either hit or just barely missed hitting that cutout of a truck they have above the wall in the left-center gap. There were also a few people who thought it actually went through the window of the truck.

Either way, really impressive for a lefty.

Singled and stole 2nd in this currently ongoing Top of the 9th for the 66ers with them on the brink of elimination down by a run.

Regardless of the outcome of Hernandez's 9th inning 2 out AB here, Borenstein has certainly done his part.

Edited by jshep

just now finding this thread. wow, lol. quite the journey.

how did we discover that toby ziegler (wasn't he the press secretary on the west wing?) is zach's brother?

glad to see he had an excellent year. look forward to where he goes next.

just now finding this thread. wow, lol. quite the journey.

how did we discover that toby ziegler (wasn't he the press secretary on the west wing?) is zach's brother?

glad to see he had an excellent year. look forward to where he goes next.

Toby Ziegler was the White House Communications Director in The West Wing. C.J. Cregg was the press secretary, and I might add that she was easily the worst character in the show.

Edited by Toby Ziegler

I uploaded a few clips of some bombs he hit this season. I chose the ones where he had the most swag. They're pretty sweet.

Note: He pimps some of these HRs, but this is not a regular thing with all of his HRs.

(I love how the center fielder barely even moves)

(I think this is the same as above, just from a side view)

Edited by Toby Ziegler

• 2 weeks later...

You can vote for Zach for Offensive MiLB Player of the Year here:

http://www.milb.com/news/awards/y2013/index.jsp

You can also vote for Mike Morin for Relief Pitcher of the Year and the 66ers' epic 15-inning game against Lancaster that got them to the Cal League Championship for Game of the Year.

Edited by Toby Ziegler