• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Zach Borenstein

Anyways, back on topic...

89 games .346/.399/.660 (1.060)

23 HRs, 19 doubles, 7 triples, 82 RBIs, 64 runs scored

California League Rankings:

1st in average

1st in slugging

1st in OPS

1st in ISO (.315)

1st in wOBA (.444)

1st in wRC+ (169)

2nd in HRs (only down by 1)

3rd in RBIs

5th in total bases (214)

50th in PAs

Missed time from 6/16 to 7/9

Since he's come off the DL in 24 games:

.430/.505/.791 (1.295)

7 HRs, 6 doubles, 2 triples, 32 RBIs, 22 runs scored, 13 BBs/15 Ks

Anyways, back on topic...

89 games .346/.399/.660 (1.060)

23 HRs, 19 doubles, 7 triples, 82 RBIs, 64 runs scored

California League Rankings:

1st in average

1st in slugging

1st in OPS

1st in ISO (.315)

1st in wOBA (.444)

1st in wRC+ (169)

2nd in HRs (only down by 1)

3rd in RBIs

5th in total bases (214)

50th in PAs

Missed time from 6/16 to 7/9

Since he's come off the DL in 24 games:

.430/.505/.791 (1.295)

7 HRs, 6 doubles, 2 triples, 32 RBIs, 22 runs scored, 13 BBs/15 Ks

Quality post. Not ripping on players, the org, board members, scouts, rankings, etc. Just post on your brothers season. If you do that, people will be much more receptive

Pot meet kettle.

I admit I shouldn't have said I wanted a malignant tumor to metastasize in your system. That was also in poor taste. But in my defense, you were the one who made it personal. I do apologize for taking it too far, though.

Still, for someone to wish my brother gets AIDS (even if he claims he's being flippant) is just so hateful it's sickening. I can't believe people actually liked that post. Ugh.

Gotta ignore rankings. Lots of quality players don't get their due. I don't even think CAno was ever highly touted and wasn't on any top 100 lists and now look at him. He's the premiere hitting 2B. Pablo SAndoval is another player recently. Goldschmidt is also following suit. IT happens all the time

Your brother is dominating in High A....probably should be in AA right now, but nothing we can do about it. As long as he keeps raking though, he'll find his way to the majors sooner rather than later. Lot of scouts are probably not really paying too much attention to him because of his age tbh, but whatever. I don't know if he'll get any AA time this year, but he obviously will be there next season. If he continues to hit well there, he likely won't be in AA for too long.

Zach is definitely flying below the radar of the national pundits that follow minor league players. 

It happens all the time. 

The only thing that matters is that the people within the org recognize his talent and based on the numbers he's putting up, I am sure that's the case. 

His national ranking and recognition means nothing. 

He's been a beast this year and if his production continues, he could pass CJ on the depth chart and see some time next year. 

Regardless of where AW ranks him, the folks that put these list together as well as other halos fans are hoping to hell this continues. 

Zach is definitely flying below the radar of the national pundits that follow minor league players. 

It happens all the time. 

The only thing that matters is that the people within the org recognize his talent and based on the numbers he's putting up, I am sure that's the case. 

His national ranking and recognition means nothing. 

He's been a beast this year and if his production continues, he could pass CJ on the depth chart and see some time next year. 

Regardless of where AW ranks him, the folks that put these list together as well as other halos fans are hoping to hell this continues. 

And as long as he continues to succeed, he'll get his due. He either will get a call-up or perhaps build up enough value to where he's part of a deal. A lot of prospects don't break it into MLB until age 24-25 and Zach is on the right pace for it, so he's in good shape as far as his career path goes. Would be nice if he got some AA AB's near the end of the year here, though that's not a huge deal IMO since the AA season is almost over.

I haven't followed all of the drama around Borenstein, but why can't we take a middle ground? He's having a great year--1.051 OPS is no small potatoes. But we have to leaven it a bit with the fact that he's 22 this year (now 23), playing in A+ - not exactly a youngster at that level. I'd like to see how he does next year in AA before getting too excited.

That said, I AM excited. Anytime a prospect hits like Borenstein has and you've got to take notice. He could be a hidden jewel of the 2011 draft - and taken in the 23rd round, no less! Best-case scenario and we have another Kole Calhoun on our hands, someone who has a good chance of surprising and being an .800+ OPS hitter in the big leagues (although we still don't know how good Kole might become). But I think we've seen enough that even if Borenstein doesn't become that, he has a good chance at a major league career as a platoon/4th outfielder.

Right now I'd place him behind players like Cowart, Lindsey and Rondon on the prospect list, but with players like Cron, Grichuk, and Yarbrough - a solid C+/B- prospect.

I haven't followed all of the drama around Borenstein, but why can't we take a middle ground? He's having a great year--1.051 OPS is no small potatoes. But we have to leaven it a bit with the fact that he's 22 this year (now 23), playing in A+ - not exactly a youngster at that level. I'd like to see how he does next year in AA before getting too excited.

That said, I AM excited. Anytime a prospect hits like Borenstein has and you've got to take notice. He could be a hidden jewel of the 2011 draft - and taken in the 23rd round, no less! Best-case scenario and we have another Kole Calhoun on our hands, someone who has a good chance of surprising and being an .800+ OPS hitter in the big leagues (although we still don't know how good Kole might become). But I think we've seen enough that even if Borenstein doesn't become that, he has a good chance at a major league career as a platoon/4th outfielder.

Right now I'd place him behind players like Cowart, Lindsey and Rondon on the prospect list, but with players like Cron, Grichuk, and Yarbrough - a solid C+/B- prospect.

Good read AJ.

I think people can get a little torqued when they see letter grades but if  a guy like Sickels were to give him a B- grade, it would be an indication of his being on the rise as far as prospects go.   Also, I'm of the opinion that a .750 OPS is the new .850 OPS.   When AL 1B average a .775 OPS, an .800 OPS from anyone makes them a fringe star

Toby, I am not trying to start an argument with this question, but I am curious. Since Nava, in your mind, is not a fair comparison to your brother, who in your mind would be his ceiling in the majors? What (who) do you think his floor is in the majors?