• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Zach Borenstein

Zach isn't a RHB. His power will play in any park. And I just counted: 9 of his HRs have been in Lancaster and High Desert, not 12. I personally saw 1 of them in High Desert. It was smoked to right-center. Would have been gone in any park.

My bad it was 9, i counted a few against those teams that actually happened at IE. My point still stands. 

Do you know how hard it is to scout female athletes? 

Best female athlete I've ever seen in person was at the high school I taught at last year. She's 5 feet nothing, but she's fast as hell and has serious hops; she can touch the backboard on a basketball hoop. Just a freak athlete. Also quite clutch. I enjoyed watching her play b-ball and volleyball.

Shout out to Kristie Mettler.

Mod-Edit - There's no bias toward Borenstein.  I like him as a prospect.  He hit 11 HR's in A Ball and will hit around 25 this year.  He's pretty well entrenched within my Top 20.  

Let's stay away from what's appropriate for someone who "tries" to be an "expert" on prospects as well as what's appropriate conduct for a mod. 

Scotty, come on man. Just give it up. You are wrong here. You're the guy trying to be the expert on every Angels prospect, yet you're dishing out personal insults. Doesn't look very professional. Starting to make me think you aren't as smart as you think you are, and it's pissing me off! Borenstein is having an excellent year, and I would take that over Cron struggling through a season. Rather see an "older" prospect succeed, then a guy at a higher level fail. I think Cron falls out of my top 8 after this year. Borenstein slides in there. Cron just isn't producing, and he's hitting in the same park that Lindsey is raking in. Hell, even Grichuk is out performing him at a younger age. I just don't get why you're so anti-Borenstein. Did he damage your ego by outperforming your favorite prospect? Just wondering...hope you don't take offense. Just looking for why you are so down on the guy.

Just heard his rendition of the National Anthem. Killed it.

And by the way he's the Cal League MVP. That is official.

I looked up previous Cal League MVPs. Not a bad group. Goldschmidt, Carlos Santana, Vada Pinson, Mike Epstein (another member of the tribe), Ted Simmons, Kent Hrbek, John Jaha, Rocco Baldelli, et al.

Pretty cool that Mike Marshall also won the award years ago, as he went to our high school.

Pretty cool that Mike Marshall also won the award years ago, as he went to our high school.

Wasn't sure if you meant the pitcher or the Dodgers OFer..  Looked them up and saw that former Angel Josh Paul and potentially Zach's manager at AA next year both went to your HS.

Wasn't sure if you meant the pitcher or the Dodgers OFer..  Looked them up and saw that former Angel Josh Paul and potentially Zach's manager at AA next year both went to your HS.

Not only did Tim Bogar go to Buffalo Grove High School, but he also went to Eastern Illinois. Looks like it was meant to be, hehe.

Speaking of strange coincidences... Josh Paul will always be remembered for that "dropped third strike" that Pierzynski conned the ump on. I remember a few years after that infamous play the very same home plate umpire who made that call was in the field and Pierzynski conned him again - this time with an obstruction call while he was a baserunner. Talk about your weird.

Toby, we're all rooting for your bro here dude. No worries. Some come across as experts and rude however. Never mind them.

Be that as it may, despite the fact that we put out a very detailed Top-50 Prospect report every winter, we oftentimes miss the mark on these guys and are wrong. We are not experts, but we take all the data we received from Rick Wilson, from other internal scouts and have our own take on these guys and thus come up with a list. Don't ever take what we say about a prospect in our reports personal, we love them all because they're future Angel hopefuls. 

In fact, I'd like to submit that even the guys at BA, BP, Keith Law, John Sickels Et al are not experts either. They've been around the game and watched the game just like us, just like the people we talk to. 

Have a great day! Thanks for sticking around despite some fiery discussions early on. 

Thank you for your kind words, Chuck. I appreciate the concession as well.

In case anyone is interested, here are highlights from 2012 when Zach was in Cedar Rapids in what is probably his greatest professional game.

He was 4-5 with 2 doubles, 2 HRs, 6 RBIs, and 4 runs scored. His 2nd HR was a walk-off. And the HRs are absolutely demolished.

2:36 - double to right

3:51 - scores on a pass ball

4:46 - double to left

5:46 - diving catch in left

6:43 - 1st HR to right

7:25 - walk-off HR to right

Edited by Toby Ziegler

Thank you for your kind words, Chuck. I appreciate the concession as well.

In case anyone is interested, here are highlights from 2012 when Zach was in Cedar Rapids in what is probably his greatest professional game.

He was 4-5 with 2 doubles, 2 HRs, 6 RBIs, and 4 runs scored. His 2nd HR was a walk-off. And the HRs are absolutely demolished.

2:36 - double to right

3:51 - scores on a pass ball

4:46 - double to left

5:46 - diving catch in left

6:43 - 1st HR to right

7:25 - walk-off HR to right

I'm hungry for ice cream.