• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hey Arte, please pull the plug already....

It's Arte's money and his team and he can do whatever he wants with it. That's the bottom line.

If he simply wants to make money, then he won't change very much. Rearrange the furniture a bit, but that's it.

If he really wants to win, then a lot of guys should look forward to pink slips.

When he sees half empty stands in an August game against the Rangers, that should tell him something.

More than half empty..at least it looked that way from what I saw while watching real teams in action tonight.

The Giants are in last, and they were packed, and it was a sporting event.

I wouldn't shed a lot of tears if Moreno sold the team. He's crippled the franchise with two horrible big money signings and two horrible GM hires, and one stupid 10 year managerial contract.

So weird.  I dreamed of having an owner that would spend on par with the other big name teams (even with Dogs some...100M over us?), but little did I realize how un-fun it would end up feeling.

Guess I can't blame him for trying as the effort was at least a fun experience but...yeah...the Lakers will recover much, much quicker than us I'm afraid.   And with the Dogs getting all this national attention, it's the kick in the nuts.

Give me scrappy small ball again and even if we barely can fight for the last WC, I don't care.  I'd actually watch instead of just have the game maybe on in the background, then check boards later.

I _literally_ don't know an Angel fan who has any idea what this organization is trying to do at this point - game after game.  Not one.

Sadly, I don't think they do either.

Faulting Moreno pisses me off. He is doing whatever it takes to win, but things aren't working out. People must not have been fans when we didn't sign anyone and played for 2nd to last every year. Moreno will fix his shit and he will keep spending. He is trying to win. I will never blame him for that.

"I wouldn't shed a lot of tears if Moreno sold the team."

Maybe we can go back to the good ol' days of Jackie "We're a small market team" Autry.

Seriously. we're lucky to have an owner who wants to win and will do what he can to try and get it done.  It may not always work out but he's trying to build a winner.  More then can be said for a great many franchises in the MLB right now.

the plan is going to be the same next year and for at least the next three. They are not set up to scrap shit until at least the 4th year of hamilton's contract.

the next three years success will greatly depend on the performance of Hamilton and Pujols. That's the plan and it ain't going away.

The subplan failed. Try to overwhelm other teams with a vaunted offense that didn't materialize. A totally unbalanced approach and one dimensional.

Since they are pretty much locked into sticking with Albert and Josh, I'd like to see them go the opposite and try to get as much quality pitching as possible. Even if it leaves other positions worse off than before, I think they can upgrade significantly on the pitching side with guys like Kendrick, Aybar, Bourjos, and Trumbo in trade while their replacements won't be as big of a downgrade on relative terms

It's not an ideal plan. This team is not going to magically transform into the best team in baseball next year. If they focus on loading up the pitching side they may be able to turn things around. Yet it will require playing sound fundamental baseball and having very few injuries. Above all else, they are going to have to find a way to make the last nine out nearly automatic. No giving away late leads and turning close games into blowouts

Albert might come back and be decent for a few seasons. Not 8, and never a dominant force, but maybe he can hit 300 and pop 30 for a couple years. Another in the long line of FA 1B busts. Nobody has made 250 mil at it ...But he listened and prayed.. and then GOD told him to leave STL, so who am I to question that?

GOD led him here. AP told us that, and everyone needs to remember that.

God told Hamilton to come here too.
Pretty sure I remember him sitting with his wife and kids, telling me on TV how GOD spoke to him and told him to take Arte's 125 Million offer.
Hamilton is toast. His drug addled mind is fried, and his body has given out.
He might very well be out of baseball before his contract is over, and HE doesn't even care.
But, this being GOD's will, who am I to question it?

Its not really scioscia's fault the team hasnt played well.  We expected to get the all star and MVP Josh Hamilton, who would have thought hed come here and hit .220 .  Then you add Weaver and Pujols injury to the mix.  And two dumbass trades, Vargas for Morales and trading away Santana (not to mention Chatwood).  Only to go out and sign guys like Joe Blanton.  What the hell are you supposed to do with a rotation like that?  It didnt help the bullpen completely fell off. 

I dont know how you could even say the team is underperforming at this point, if anyones saying that. 

Its not really scioscia's fault the team hasnt played well.  We expected to get the all star and MVP Josh Hamilton, who would have thought hed come here and hit .220 .  Then you add Weaver and Pujols injury to the mix.  And two dumbass trades, Vargas for Morales and trading away Santana (not to mention Chatwood).  Only to go out and sign guys like Joe Blanton.  What the hell are you supposed to do with a rotation like that?  It didnt help the bullpen completely fell off. 

I dont know how you could even say the team is underperforming at this point, if anyones saying that. 

Nah... nobody is saying that..pretty much clicking on all cylinders.

Those Astros are darn good. Just gotta tip your cap and renew your season tickets.

"I wouldn't shed a lot of tears if Moreno sold the team."

Maybe we can go back to the good ol' days of Jackie "We're a small market team" Autry.

Seriously. we're lucky to have an owner who wants to win and will do what he can to try and get it done. It may not always work out but he's trying to build a winner. More then can be said for a great many franchises in the MLB right now.

I truly don't think he doesn't give a s_it. But he needs to learn to get out of his own way sometimes, to balance the seemingly star struck way about him with some common sense. And also do a better job at hiring GMs