• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hey Arte, please pull the plug already....

It's Arte's money and his team and he can do whatever he wants with it. That's the bottom line.

If he simply wants to make money, then he won't change very much. Rearrange the furniture a bit, but that's it.

If he really wants to win, then a lot of guys should look forward to pink slips.

Fan, you really think a lot of guys need to go? If so, who realistically?

I don't think that we should spend a lot of money as we have been, but I think the team needs one more starter and possibly a dismantling of the bullpen. I don't think that will cost too much. I really think the defense is something that will pick up with time if we stay with the young'uns (Calhoun, Green, etc.) 

the plan is going to be the same next year and for at least the next three. They are not set up to scrap shit until at least the 4th year of hamilton's contract.

the next three years success will greatly depend on the performance of Hamilton and Pujols. That's the plan and it ain't going away.

The subplan failed. Try to overwhelm other teams with a vaunted offense that didn't materialize. A totally unbalanced approach and one dimensional.

Since they are pretty much locked into sticking with Albert and Josh, I'd like to see them go the opposite and try to get as much quality pitching as possible. Even if it leaves other positions worse off than before, I think they can upgrade significantly on the pitching side with guys like Kendrick, Aybar, Bourjos, and Trumbo in trade while their replacements won't be as big of a downgrade on relative terms

It's not an ideal plan. This team is not going to magically transform into the best team in baseball next year. If they focus on loading up the pitching side they may be able to turn things around. Yet it will require playing sound fundamental baseball and having very few injuries. Above all else, they are going to have to find a way to make the last nine out nearly automatic. No giving away late leads and turning close games into blowouts

I agree, doc. The bullpen continues to suck the lifeforce from this team, a problem we've had for going on 3 years now. I really think Dipoto tried to fix it, but injuries have really messed things up.  

It's surprising what good solid pitching can do to a franchise. Dipoto took his gambles and they didn't work and I don't fault him for that. However, I think it's time to go the traditional route and get stable arms, those that are healthy and consistent, no matter if we have to make some controversial and unpopular trades.

we're lucky to have arte as an owner.

we could have some A.H. like jeffery lurie. or mc court.

other than being over enthusiastic, arte's one helluva alot better owner than what disney would have been.

arte's the very least of our problems.

we need to cut to the chase and get some pitching.