• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Most Disappointing Season Around the Majors

SigBaby

66 members have voted

1. 1. Most Disappointing Season

• Angels
    • Nationals
    • Blue Jays
    • Royals
    • Giants

Which team has had the most dissapointing season? All are good candidates. For the Royals and Jays, they clearly thought they were close enough to competing to trade away their future. Wil Myers is the real deal and is mashing with the Rays. Obviously the Dodgers are starting to come around, but that team easily has the most talent out of any team. We all know too well the disappointment that surrounds the Angels. And then there are the Nationals who looked to have 0 holes going into the season

I'm sure you're going to get a lot of Angels' answers here, and as an Angels' fan that's an awfully tempting choice.

But taking off my fan hat for a moment, I might have to go with the Nationals.

From being very possibly the best team in baseball last year and one hell of a Cardinals comeback away from the NLCS to 4 games below .500, 11.5 out of your division lead and 7.5 out of the wildcard.

I get trading for James shields if he puts you into title contention, but not for a team like the royals. To their credit, they're only 4.5 out of a playoff spot for a fan base that hasn't had much recently.

I'd say nationals just because they had such a good year last year

The thing with the Royals that made me include them is:

They havent been good in forever. A bunch of their prospects finally reach the majors. The make a gamble and trade for Shields.

Now imagine this as Angels fans: we trade Segura for Greinke. Only we dont have Aybar, instead we have a guy who we will later DFA and trade one of our top pitching prospects for a backup SS. That is basically the equivalent of what the Royals did

ESPN had a massive hard-on for the Nationals during the entirety of the off-season and through, like, May. However, many people predicted that the Angels would win the WS this year, so I'd say they are the most dissapointing team in quite some time. Blu Jays are up there, too--even though I never believed they had any shot.

It's Blue Jays or Angels for me. All these sports channels in Canada were blue Jays everything before the season started. One station even re aired the 1992 World Series just before the season started.

The Jays finally went out and spent the money fans have been begging them to do for awhile. On paper they looked to have a solid rotation. But Morrow went down with injury and Romero struggled in spring training and was sent down, and Johnson has been very Blanton like.

Everyone knew the Angels had big question marks with the rotation. But the offense has been a disappointment that's forsure.

ESPN had a massive hard-on for the Nationals during the entirety of the off-season and through, like, May. However, many people predicted that the Angels would win the WS this year, so I'd say they are the most dissapointing team in quite some time. Blu Jays are up there, too--even though I never believed they had any shot.

Too bad you are wrong. Few people still picked the Angels to win the WS.

43 ESPN Analysts- 3 picked the Angels, 16 picked the Nats

4 Yahoo Sports Analysts- 0 picked the Angels, 3 picked the Nats

6 CBS Sports Analysts- 0 picked the Angels, 4 picked the Nats

7 SI Analysts- 0 picked Angels, 4 picked Nats

So out of 60 analysts, 3 picked the Angels and 27 picked the Nats.

The Nats are the most disappointing team this year.

the Nats. 

They had a chance to go all the way last year and they chose to shut down their best pitcher when he was most important.  A catastrophic decision that I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it cause damage beyond last year into this one.  

they actually have a ton of talent in particular on the pitching side so they should have no excuse. 

The halos are a close second.  They put all their eggs in the hamilton and pujols basket hoping that a high potent offense would make up for poor pitching.  They were totally unbalanced from the beginning and their success was contigent on 3 speciifc things happening.  Pujos playing well.  Hamilton playing well.  no major injuries.  A more balanced team and you can overcome adversity. 

I'm sure you're going to get a lot of Angels' answers here, and as an Angels' fan that's an awfully tempting choice.

From being very possibly the best team in baseball last year and one hell of a Cardinals comeback away from the NLCS to 4 games below .500, 11.5 out of your division lead and 7.5 out of the wildcard.

The nationals were one of the best team in the majors last year.  The Angels was bad last year.  So I go with the Nationals as a worse season.  They dropped a lot more than the Angels did.

Anyone who predicted the Angels to win the WS with this pitching staff (and yes, I had doubts on the pitching staff before the start of the season) were idiots.  The only way this team would have made the playoffs was everything going perfect with their pitching staff.  This team was flawed from the get go.  The nationals were not flawed.  

The halos are a close second.  They put all their eggs in the hamilton and pujols basket hoping that a high potent offense would make up for poor pitching.  They were totally unbalanced from the beginning and their success was contigent on 3 speciifc things happening.  Pujos playing well.  Hamilton playing well.  no major injuries.  A more balanced team and you can overcome adversity. 

You just made my argument!  This team was flawed from the get go!  In my mind this season is a disappointment not because they didn't make the playoffs, it is a disappointment because they were never in the playoff race.  They should have at least challenged the A's and Rangers!

Being objective I would say the nationals were a greater disappointment.  Then the Blue Jays.  I will put the Dogs in there if they don't make the playoffs.

The Giants were easy to predict a huge drop from last season. They didn't do anything in the offseason. Teams that stand pat after winning the World Series rarely get back to the post season the following season.

The Nationals definitely are the most disappointing. A really formidable lineup and a pitching staff that should be throwing zeroes every night. 

That's why it was so dumb to sit Strasburg. A team that has struggled to make the playoffs, finally does and the #1 seed, and shuts their best (or second best, behind Gio) SP. Very dumb.

That's why it was so dumb to sit Strasburg. A team that has struggled to make the playoffs, finally does and the #1 seed, and shuts their best (or second best, behind Gio) SP. Very dumb.

Agree. Even if they wanted to limit his pitch count for the year they should have spaced out his starts a bit more throughout the entire year with occasional bullpen games or spot starts, instead of using him at normal pace then shutting him down early. That way they might still have him around in the playoffs.

The Giants were easy to predict a huge drop from last season. They didn't do anything in the offseason. Teams that stand pat after winning the World Series rarely get back to the post season the following season.

The Nationals definitely are the most disappointing. A really formidable lineup and a pitching staff that should be throwing zeroes every night. 

True, but no one could predict the Giants being THIS bad, after that 2010-2012 run.

Although the Halos had improved each season since 2010, they still had pitching issues going into this season.   Pitching wins championships.

I voted for Washington. They were one bad managerial decision in Game 7 of the 2012 NLCS away from being in the World Series for the first time ever. They seemed to have all the pieces, and they have been a complete non-factor in the NL East race.

All that means is that I will be digging my tomahawk out of the closet this October. :D