• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Most Disappointing Season Around the Majors

SigBaby

66 members have voted

1. 1. Most Disappointing Season

• Angels
    • Nationals
    • Blue Jays
    • Royals
    • Giants

The Doooyyyyyyers were definitely on their way to contention of that title and then BAM.

Per MLB.com, "...the last 12-game win streak on the road for the Dodgers' franchise was 89 years ago, the 1924 Brooklyn Robins, with Hall of Famers like Zack Wheat, Dazzy Vance and Burleigh Grimes, managed by Hall of Famer Wilbert Robinson..."

29-7 in their last 36.  I'd say unreal but that isn't fitting.

If the season ended today, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mattingly get MotY.   From pink slip talk to hardware.

Angels is a tempting answer..  But it was known going into the season that there were weaknesses in the pitching staff.   I just don't think anyone expected Hamilton to be as bad as he's been.

A lot of expectations went down the drain in Toronto no doubt.

But my vote goes to the Giants.    They just won the WS and were probably the favorite to win the NL West going into the season.    And they didn't start off so bad but have really tanked.

I think the giants have definitely been the most disappointing.   They've won the world series two of the past three seasons, they have really great pitching and a very underrated offense.   I also think bochy's a solid manager, they just haven't played well at all.

Cain's having a really bad year

The dodgers are 20 games over 500, in 1st place and have a 29-7 record since june 21st.

No clue why they're in the poll.

Should've probably put the Giants in there instead.

If this poll was taken a month ago, they would be on the list. They definitely don't belong on the list now. They're "only" 10 games over .500 ( 59-49). Edit: I guess they were removed from the poll. 

Angels -- that's because they've been terrible pretty much since opening day -- had one real run and then it all deflated again.

Giants are catching up -- they got off to a so-so start, were right up there a month or two in and have just TANKED big time really since June.

Agree. Even if they wanted to limit his pitch count for the year they should have spaced out his starts a bit more throughout the entire year with occasional bullpen games or spot starts, instead of using him at normal pace then shutting him down early. That way they might still have him around in the playoffs.

Yeah, or do what the Braves did with Medlen last year, and when he became a starter, he was the most dominant in baseball (though he did lose the one game playoff).

Either the Nationals or Angels

Royals, nah

The Blue Jays are in the toughest division and had some bad injuries. Josh Johnson sure sucks now, though.

The Giants I never thought were good. Their 1st World Series was basically handed to them and the 2nd one was more impressive..but I still wasn't buying it.