• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

lol @ all natural foods

Given enough time and scientific research there will be evidence someday to show that ALL foods, supplements, activities, lifestyle choices, and products we use are harmful to our health.  Every single one of them.

Human lifespan has been increasing for about a hundred years, long long before organic foods became popular. 

Given enough time and scientific research there will be evidence someday to show that ALL foods, supplements, activities, lifestyle choices, and products we use are harmful to our health. Every single one of them.

Human lifespan has been increasing for about a hundred years, long long before organic foods became popular.

Well they are giving the test subjects way more than humans would ever consume (hopefully), and rats are prone to tumors even without being tested on so who's to say what really gives them the tumors.

Given enough time and scientific research there will be evidence someday to show that ALL foods, supplements, activities, lifestyle choices, and products we use are harmful to our health.  Every single one of them.

When discussing things like this I always think back to the Joe Jackson song "Cancer". His point is that we are warned about pretty much everything.

Everything gives you cancer, everything

Everything, there's no answer, everything

Well they are giving the test subjects way more than humans would ever consume (hopefully), and rats are prone to tumors even without being tested on so who's to say what really gives them the tumors.

It's not a tumah!  It's not!

the studies they've done are pretty complete wrt cause/effect.

when they have a group A that receives amount, and group B that receives about Y, and over time group B shows increased growth of cancer cells while group A stays flat-lined.

then the drop group B down to group A's level, and the cancer growth diminishes back down.

and they increase group B back up to Y, and the cancer cell growth happens again.

you keep doing that and the results keep happening then it's pretty clear what is giving them the tumors.

that science is tough though. but there's a pretty clear connection between western diet and cancer/illness/etc that isnt present in non-western diets from my understanding.

but uh.. mmm brownies.

that science is tough though. but there's a pretty clear connection between western diet and cancer/illness/etc that isnt present in non-western diets from my understanding.

American diets in particular. Since our fast food chains have started making inroads in Western Europe, their obesity rates have started climbing as have a lot of other related health problems. It has gotten to the point that convenience trumps nutrition, and therein lies the main problem, IMO.

American diets in particular. Since our fast food chains have started making inroads in Western Europe, their obesity rates have started climbing as have a lot of other related health problems. It has gotten to the point that convenience trumps nutrition, and therein lies the main problem, IMO.

I think the "convenience" problem has deep psychological roots unrelated to food.

Americans spend copious amounts of their income on the latest expensive technology they don't need, the trendiest clothing or automobiles, or the most luxurious vacations and entertainment options. They have less money to purchase healthier food, less time to prepare it at home, less time to shop for it at the grocery store, and less time to exercise -- all because they're scrambling to work enough hours to pay for their expensive lifestyle choices. 

the studies they've done are pretty complete wrt cause/effect.

when they have a group A that receives amount, and group B that receives about Y, and over time group B shows increased growth of cancer cells while group A stays flat-lined.

then the drop group B down to group A's level, and the cancer growth diminishes back down.

and they increase group B back up to Y, and the cancer cell growth happens again.

you keep doing that and the results keep happening then it's pretty clear what is giving them the tumors.

but uh.. mmm brownies.

There will always be 3 groups: a positive control, a negative control, and the sample being tested.

• 10 years later...
2 hours ago, Blarg said:

I'm against digging up 10 year old threads. For Christ sake, @The Ghost of Bob Starr, get caught up on the threads you haven't read but start with 2023, please. 

Working my way front to back Eric.  I happen to like the older content.  I felt the members were a tad more sophisticated in the earlier years.