• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New to the AngelsWin.com Community? Introduce yourself here!

AngelsWin.com

I've been an Angels fan since 1986. Got crapped on by all my friends who were Dodger fans for 17 seasons before the Anger!s won it all in 2002. To this day it's still the greatest sports moment of my life. Honestly, I had a good long cry that night. 

I only ever watch the Angels or the 49ers in football and nothing else in sports. They're my childhood teams.

Honored to watch two of the greatest players ever in baseball, Trout and Ohtani in my backyard. As a kid, it was beyond my wildest dreams to even think the Angels would ever get even one of them playing for them. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm not new here, I have been around since 2013 (according to my profile) but am I right in saying there was a previous forum? I'm sure I have been around way longer. Like back to the early 2000s. Then most of my baseball consumption was via the gameday on MLB.com, streaming KLAA and forums. Due to the fact we got very little MLB coverage in Australia then outside of playoffs. Thank god for MLB.tv, I have been a subscriber since I had internet capable of streaming it.

I'm a Angels fan since 1992 here in Australia. Pretty much it was by dumb luck. I had just started playing baseball in under 16s for my local club after a friend took me down to training one night, which got me interested in baseball. I watched a game late one night (they used to just show one game per week on replay at like 11pm) and it happened to be the Angels. They won (I think can't quite remember) and I decided they would be my team.

This coming September I will finally be getting to Angel Stadium for my first time for the Orioles games on the 4th and 5th. I'm super excited for it as it has been a long time coming. This trip is actually a family trip to WDW and Universal Orlando, but I insisted in a 2 day stopover in Anaheim.

9 minutes ago, punkologist said:

Hi All,

I'm not new here, I have been around since 2013 (according to my profile) but am I right in saying there was a previous forum? I'm sure I have been around way longer. Like back to the early 2000s. Then most of my baseball consumption was via the gameday on MLB.com, streaming KLAA and forums. Due to the fact we got very little MLB coverage in Australia then outside of playoffs. Thank god for MLB.tv, I have been a subscriber since I had internet capable of streaming it.

I'm a Angels fan since 1992 here in Australia. Pretty much it was by dumb luck. I had just started playing baseball in under 16s for my local club after a friend took me down to training one night, which got me interested in baseball. I watched a game late one night (they used to just show one game per week on replay at like 11pm) and it happened to be the Angels. They won (I think can't quite remember) and I decided they would be my team.

This coming September I will finally be getting to Angel Stadium for my first time for the Orioles games on the 4th and 5th. I'm super excited for it as it has been a long time coming. This trip is actually a family trip to WDW and Universal Orlando, but I insisted in a 2 day stopover in Anaheim.

Hell yeah, we've been around since 2004. We've had three different forum software's we were running prior to finally finding a permanent home going forward...but always, AngelsWin.com. I just wish we could have migrated all of those topics and posts to this one. 

Such is life. It has been a good run!! Hoping for better days ahead as far as our Halos.

What's happening Halos?

So, yeah, I am a very long time AW lurker, must be over 10 years or something. Yes, I am a die hard Ranger's fan. 

No, I am not a troll. If I were, I would save all that energy for the Astros forums. Anyway, I figured it might be time to say hi to all of you. Of all the non-Ranger fan forums I find myself lurking here most.  I will admit, I enjoy this one the most. Whether the Angels are winning or losing, y'all are quite entertaining. 

I get just as frustrated after a loss and refuse to watch MLB highlights until the next Rangers win. Getting swept by the sorry Reds was a long week. SMH

As for why I lurk here? Simply for the love of the game. As much as I wish I could, I can't watch every game and keep up with the goings-on of every team. It's just more fun to keep up to speed on the ALW from the fans perspectives. Besides, it probably goes without saying, that the Rangers forums are just a big circle jerk right now. 

Seattle fans are too depressing to read.

Astros fans are....well fuck them. Who cares? It's Houston. They can all DIAF.

The A's? Hmmm. The less said the better.

So, here I am, lurking AW. I'll admit, for me, anyway, that baseball is more fun when the Rangers and Angels are competing for the division and we are all looking down at Houston.

Feel free to ask me anything...or just tell me to fuck off. 

1 hour ago, Ranger_Lurker said:

What's happening Halos?

So, yeah, I am a very long time AW lurker, must be over 10 years or something. Yes, I am a die hard Ranger's fan. 

No, I am not a troll. If I were, I would save all that energy for the Astros forums. Anyway, I figured it might be time to say hi to all of you. Of all the non-Ranger fan forums I find myself lurking here most.  I will admit, I enjoy this one the most. Whether the Angels are winning or losing, y'all are quite entertaining. 

I get just as frustrated after a loss and refuse to watch MLB highlights until the next Rangers win. Getting swept by the sorry Reds was a long week. SMH

As for why I lurk here? Simply for the love of the game. As much as I wish I could, I can't watch every game and keep up with the goings-on of every team. It's just more fun to keep up to speed on the ALW from the fans perspectives. Besides, it probably goes without saying, that the Rangers forums are just a big circle jerk right now. 

So, here I am, lurking AW. I'll admit, for me, anyway, that baseball is more fun when the Rangers and Angels are competing for the division and we are all looking down at Houston.

The enemy of my enemy is well....

You are right about this being the best baseball forum.  Where else are you going to learn that you love cricket but just don't know it yet?

Hey everyone 🙂 

I'm Swilly, I've been a Halo fan since the early 2000s but really fell in love with baseball around 2011. I was born & raised in Orange County & played softball for about 9 years. My love of softball & wanting to get better at the sport is what turned me from a fan of baseball into a super fan.

I've recently started keeping score when I go to Angel games & it's been a blast. I also love playing slow pitch softball & have become super obsessed with integrating analytics into the game of baseball. I find it fascinating 🙂 I would love nothing more to work in sports one day, it's been a goal of mine that never really felt like an attainable one until the last year or so. I make a lot of sports content both on TikTok & Twitter. I've met so many awesome people & other Halo fans in the last year, it's been a huge blessing!

A few of my favorite Angels (in no particular order) include Jered Weaver (ok this one is in order, he's my favorite Angel OAT), Torii Hunter, Chone Figgins, Vladdy, Kole Calhoun, & of course Trout & Ohtani. There are so many guys on the roster this year that I've enjoyed watching, I'm excited to see the season continue & to see these young guys grow into their roles.

Cheers! & GO HALOS!

2 hours ago, Swilly said:

Hey everyone 🙂 

I'm Swilly, I've been a Halo fan since the early 2000s but really fell in love with baseball around 2011. I was born & raised in Orange County & played softball for about 9 years. My love of softball & wanting to get better at the sport is what turned me from a fan of baseball into a super fan.

I've recently started keeping score when I go to Angel games & it's been a blast. I also love playing slow pitch softball & have become super obsessed with integrating analytics into the game of baseball. I find it fascinating 🙂 I would love nothing more to work in sports one day, it's been a goal of mine that never really felt like an attainable one until the last year or so. I make a lot of sports content both on TikTok & Twitter. I've met so many awesome people & other Halo fans in the last year, it's been a huge blessing!

A few of my favorite Angels (in no particular order) include Jered Weaver (ok this one is in order, he's my favorite Angel OAT), Torii Hunter, Chone Figgins, Vladdy, Kole Calhoun, & of course Trout & Ohtani. There are so many guys on the roster this year that I've enjoyed watching, I'm excited to see the season continue & to see these young guys grow into their roles.

Cheers! & GO HALOS!

Welcome to AW @Swilly, keep reaching for your goal of working in sports one day.

If you haven't heard Tim Mead's story about how he got a job with the Angels in the 80s, and eventually became the Vice President of Communications,  hopefully @Chuckster70 has a video of Tim sharing his story.  I first heard Tim's story at the 2011 AW Spring Fan Fest, and it is very inspirational. 

Cheers, and Go Angels!

6 hours ago, Swilly said:

Hey everyone 🙂 

Cheers! & GO HALOS!

Welcome to AngelsWin.com, @Swilly. Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself with the community. 

Sarah is going to start writing for our website. We're excited about what she's going to bring to the table!! 

On 6/10/2023 at 5:01 PM, Swilly said:

Hey everyone 🙂 

Cheers! & GO HALOS!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 5:23 PM, Ranger_Lurker said:

What's happening Halos?

Anyone who dislikes the Cheating Astros is welcome here.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!  I have been reading this board daily since the beginning and even harken back to the old ESPN board days.  Always lurking but just now dipping my toe in the water as an active participant.

First season I remember was 1982 and have lived and died with the team ever since.  The heartbreak of 1986 and 1995 as well as the triumph of 2002.  

This is an interesting juncture in Angels history.  There is the Ohtani question, Moreno's future as owner and his financial committment to getting the team over the top, as well as where the team goes from here.  Despite all the frustration of the last 10 years, I do think this team is poised to turn a corner with the young nucleus of Neto, O'Hoppe, Detmers, Bachman, etc...  Plus Moniak looks legit and perhaps even Adell could turn into a capable MLB player.  

I am a big fan of what Minasian is doing with the drafts, the way he addressed the depth this offseason and his aggressive promotions.  However, I do wonder if Moreno will get in his way, especially as it concerns Ohtani and investments in the player development infrastructure

LOVING the podcast as well.  

Looking forward to throwing my two cents into the mix.  Be gentle with me 🙂

On 7/21/2023 at 4:43 PM, HBAngel13 said:

Hi Everyone!  I have been reading this board daily since the beginning and even harken back to the old ESPN board days.  Always lurking but just now dipping my toe in the water as an active participant.

First season I remember was 1982 and have lived and died with the team ever since.  The heartbreak of 1986 and 1995 as well as the triumph of 2002.  

This is an interesting juncture in Angels history.  There is the Ohtani question, Moreno's future as owner and his financial committment to getting the team over the top, as well as where the team goes from here.  Despite all the frustration of the last 10 years, I do think this team is poised to turn a corner with the young nucleus of Neto, O'Hoppe, Detmers, Bachman, etc...  Plus Moniak looks legit and perhaps even Adell could turn into a capable MLB player.  

I am a big fan of what Minasian is doing with the drafts, the way he addressed the depth this offseason and his aggressive promotions.  However, I do wonder if Moreno will get in his way, especially as it concerns Ohtani and investments in the player development infrastructure

LOVING the podcast as well.  

Looking forward to throwing my two cents into the mix.  Be gentle with me 🙂

@HBAngel13 thank you for being a loyal reader of AngelsWin.com. I hope we've been gentle with you thus far? Let me know otherwise in a PM. 

Appreciate you joining and jumping right into discussions! 

Hello everyone. My name is Logan. I am OC born and raised (YL & HB) and have been a loyal Halo fan since I was birthed in 1985. I work in OC as a middle school history teacher and have written numerous history books that have included either the history of the Big A or the Angels organization. I love going to games at the stadium or watching the game on TV when my two little girls want to watch. I'm looking to hopefully meet some friends that I could go to games with, as I usually go alone. Go Halos!

31 minutes ago, mr.angel said:

Hello everyone. My name is Logan. I am OC born and raised (YL & HB) and have been a loyal Halo fan since I was birthed in 1985. I work in OC as a middle school history teacher and have written numerous history books that have included either the history of the Big A or the Angels organization. I love going to games at the stadium or watching the game on TV when my two little girls want to watch. I'm looking to hopefully meet some friends that I could go to games with, as I usually go alone. Go Halos!

Welcome to AW @mr.angel!!

Thank you for telling us a little bit about yourself.

Since you’re a history teacher and especially into Angels history, check out our Top-50 Greatest Moments in Angels Baseball feature. Tell me what you think. The Angels used several parts from our feature in their Under the Halo historical book.

48 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Welcome to AW @mr.angel!!

Thank you for telling us a little bit about yourself.

Since you’re a history teacher and especially into Angels history, check out our Top-50 Greatest Moments in Angels Baseball feature. Tell me what you think. The Angels used several parts from our feature in their Under the Halo historical book.

Thank you for the kind welcome and the link to the list. It's awesome! I love it, and it would be a lot of fun to turn into a mini-documentary of top 10 moments.

I'm new here.  As a Ducks Season Seat Holder since Day 1, I've seen my hockey team have it's ups and downs.  Lately it's been mostly downs, and this year we sucked so bad, we managed to finish with the worst record in the league.

In typical Ducks fashion, like it's Anaheim counterpart, we managed to be like a typical small market team, and got unlucky by missing out on the #1 pick, who is projected to be a generational superstar.

It's kind of tragic to watch the Angels, who actually arguably have TWO generational players, manage to screw up and lose one of them, the more prominent one, because they're such a poorly owned and managed club.  Moreno is a POS, but hey, I hear he lowered beer prices about 18 years ago, so Rah Rah!

I'm here, not only because I'm an Anaheim Ducks fan, but because when you drive by a horrific accident, you not only want to look with curiosity, but you feel genuine sorrow and dismay for the tragedy faced by knowing people were injured and killed.  The Angels display all the aspects of a Shakespearean Tragedy.

Strike #1 for the Angels was not trading Ohtani at the 2022 deadline.  Strike #2 was not trading him during the 2022-'23 off season.  Strike 3 was not dealing him last Monday.

I'm sorry for the fans, who are going to be devastated when Ohtani walks, but I'm not at all sorry for the Owner, who deserves as much respect and success as the many times over indicted political candidate he still supports.

What's sad, is that eventually, when the Angels are officially an embarrassment around the baseball world, for wasting the best years of 2 generational players, ol' Arte is gonna cash out, and make a boatload of profit off his investment, solely because some other rich individual or corporation, wants to overpay to own a baseball team.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope we are not too late to help make it happen again. "OH, Yes We Can" . I was 31 years old when the slogan "Yes We Can" was the headline of the sports section of the LA Times. The Angels were in 2nd place behind the KC Royals. Guess What?

Yes,they did and the heavy lady has not sang yet. SO let's  help with

"Oh! Yes We Can " and doesn't Arte Moreno still have  some connections in the billboard industry. No more talking it's time to support your team.

Until 1979,】 the Angels were 0 for 19 years prior to " Yes We Can". I am 75years old today  and willing and able to hold one end of a banner that says:

"OH, Yes We Can"

in support of the Angels and possibly the Greatest Baseball Player of all time. 

Please contact me ASAP because we are running out of time to get on the Banner Wagon and Arte can show his support with that slogan on Billboards. johnlkarpan@gmail.com or 949-531-5684

No more talk"Just Do It"

• 1 month later...

I forgot to introduce myself but i'm a long-time reader of the board and finally joined when Lou passed as I wanted to share my thoughts on a fellow Angel/Ucla fan. I grew up and still live in Anaheim area, was a jr. angel in the early 70s, played hs baseball same time/school as Mike Witt, and like talkin Angels baseball. Been a very rough go last decade but nice to have a place to vent

8 hours ago, AngeLifer said:

I forgot to introduce myself but i'm a long-time reader of the board and finally joined when Lou passed as I wanted to share my thoughts on a fellow Angel/Ucla fan. I grew up and still live in Anaheim area, was a jr. angel in the early 70s, played hs baseball same time/school as Mike Witt, and like talkin Angels baseball. Been a very rough go last decade but nice to have a place to vent

Welcome to AngelsWin.com, @AngeLifer!! Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself.