• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New to the AngelsWin.com Community? Introduce yourself here!

AngelsWin.com

I just found this forum because I wanted a place to discuss the Halos! With other Angels fans. I tried the Angels subreddit, but I found they were too sensitive and couldn't handle any critical thoughts about the team. I have been an Angels fan since the Vladdy days, (I was blown away to see a guy bat with no gloves). but it was really when the Trout/Trumbo duo showed up that shot up my interest in the Angels and baseball again. I'm a 28 year old living in Arizona. 

6 hours ago, angelsfaninaz said:

I just found this forum because I wanted a place to discuss the Halos! With other Angels fans. I tried the Angels subreddit, but I found they were too sensitive and couldn't handle any critical thoughts about the team. I have been an Angels fan since the Vladdy days, (I was blown away to see a guy bat with no gloves). but it was really when the Trout/Trumbo duo showed up that shot up my interest in the Angels and baseball again. I'm a 28 year old living in Arizona. 

Welcome aboard

I live in AZ also

7 hours ago, angelsfaninaz said:

Welcome. You'll find we are also very sensitive but not in the "you can't be critical way." As long as you don't go overboard with it, you'll always be welcome.

Expect some guys to be jerks, but know that it's all in good fun. We all get along well, at least on the baseball forum.

Edited by tdawg87

Hello everyone, good afternoon. I'm from Brazil and became a baseball fan as a whole last season. I tried for a couple of years to enjoy baseball, but never could sit down through a game until Covid came. Working from home I managed to watch the shortened season playoffs and the following season I could follow the Angels wire-to-wire. Curiously, it was not Ohtani who drew me to the game: a friend in common, knowing I was a Packers fan, jokingly said that I should follow the Angels, since I had expertise with seeing "the best in the game being let down". 

I usually post at the Angels subreddit as well, but I will probably cut down social media in the next semester (due to local reasons) and this should include Reddit.

51 minutes ago, stormthetrooper said:

Hello everyone, good afternoon. I'm from Brazil and became a baseball fan as a whole last season. I tried for a couple of years to enjoy baseball, but never could sit down through a game until Covid came. Working from home I managed to watch the shortened season playoffs and the following season I could follow the Angels wire-to-wire. Curiously, it was not Ohtani who drew me to the game: a friend in common, knowing I was a Packers fan, jokingly said that I should follow the Angels, since I had expertise with seeing "the best in the game being let down". 

I usually post at the Angels subreddit as well, but I will probably cut down social media in the next semester (due to local reasons) and this should include Reddit.

Welcome to AngelsWin, @stormthetrooper. We've been getting a lot of Angels Reddit members lately. 

I think you'll find the discussion and information you get here much better. 

• 2 weeks later...

What’s up guys. Long time angels fan here. Lived in HB as a kid, live on the east coast now. I am here because I emotionally made myself vulnerable this year for the first time since we had last names like Lackey and Saunders on the mound. And I am paying for it big time. Spent 500 dollars this weekend to drive up to Philly and see the boys and I honestly just want my money back. Thanks for listening to my rant and see you guys on the forum. 

On 6/3/2022 at 7:36 PM, FastEddie said:

Been an Angel’s fan since Wally Joyner’s Rookie Season, 1986.  Lived with ups (but mostly downs) for a bit now.  Glad to hangin with all you all.

On 6/5/2022 at 6:48 PM, JoAdellsWeakChin said:

What’s up guys. Long time angels fan here. Lived in HB as a kid, live on the east coast now. I am here because I emotionally made myself vulnerable this year for the first time since we had last names like Lackey and Saunders on the mound. And I am paying for it big time. Spent 500 dollars this weekend to drive up to Philly and see the boys and I honestly just want my money back. Thanks for listening to my rant and see you guys on the forum. 

Welcome to the board  😎

Hope to see you post in some threads

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been an Angels fan as long as I can remember. My Father and siblings were Dodgers fan, but we lived near Angels stadium and I felt a connection to this team. I attended game 3 of the 1979 league series against the Orioles that the California Angels won. I have witnessed the many lows and the high in 2002 when The Angels came back and defeated the Giants fir their only WS Championship. I was excited securing Mike Trout, when Albert Pujols was signed and then getting the Japanese phenomenon Ohtani. I am still hopeful for another WS Championship in the near future when the Team can figure out how to win like the 2002 team did.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I just wanna introduce myself My name is Justin I been a fan since the Brian Downing days I became a Angels fan because of him. I don't post very much but I been following the page for many years now. I love to read what you guys post. I also wanna apologize to anyone I offended with my recent post . I have become very frustrated with the team and I said somethings on here that shouldn't have been said. With that being said Thank you for accepting me back and I promise from now on to follow all the group Rules .

13 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Hello I just wanna introduce myself My name is Justin I been a fan since the Brian Downing days I became a Angels fan because of him. I don't post very much but I been following the page for many years now. I love to read what you guys post. I also wanna apologize to anyone I offended with my recent post . I have become very frustrated with the team and I said somethings on here that shouldn't have been said. With that being said Thank you for accepting me back and I promise from now on to follow all the group Rules .

I have no idea what you said, but I was deeply offended and I'm going to require monetary compensation.  I will PM you the details.  Thank you.

13 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

Thank you, @Ron Mexico

Been a sporadic baseball fan for a long time, attended my first game in 1976: padres at mets with Dave Winfield playing right field. lost interest eventually as labor strife, life, job wife etc took up time. 

Recently bought a car with a promo subscription to satellite radio where the MLB station rekindled interest (Front Office is favorite program). Attended all three Mets-Angels games this year and enjoyed it enough that I came back for more!  I can root for two teams, especially as they don’t play often and I’m about 10 min away from Angels stadium. Trying to see as many different teams as possible (excluding the hated Yankees)  this year, up to six so far. 

Rooting for the Angels feels familiar, sure they aren’t great but they have some good pieces  and there’s always next year!

7 hours ago, AngelsMetsWS said:

Been a sporadic baseball fan for a long time, attended my first game in 1976: padres at mets with Dave Winfield playing right field. lost interest eventually as labor strife, life, job wife etc took up time. 

Recently bought a car with a promo subscription to satellite radio where the MLB station rekindled interest (Front Office is favorite program). Attended all three Mets-Angels games this year and enjoyed it enough that I came back for more!  I can root for two teams, especially as they don’t play often and I’m about 10 min away from Angels stadium. Trying to see as many different teams as possible (excluding the hated Yankees)  this year, up to six so far. 

Rooting for the Angels feels familiar, sure they aren’t great but they have some good pieces  and there’s always next year!

Welcome AngelsMets!! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @Angelsjunky & @ScottT (halo), @Deek, remember Jvelick from the old LA Times Refugees forum that we used to post on in the 90's and early 2000's before I launched AngelsWin.com? He's back! @JVel17 is his handle here. He just registered here after reading the forum for a long time. 

I gave him the news of the passing of @Pablo & @Salome. BigDel moved to Ohio and ended up slowly souring on the Angels and became a Reds fan (boo) and Stephen Smith aka FutureAngels, well, good riddance. That guy was a dick!  

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Hey @Angelsjunky & @ScottT (halo), @Deek, remember Jvelick from the old LA Times Refugees forum that we used to post on in the 90's and early 2000's before I launched AngelsWin.com? He's back! @JVel17 is his handle here. He just registered here after reading the forum for a long time. 

I gave him the news of the passing of @Pablo & @Salome. BigDel moved to Ohio and ended up slowly souring on the Angels and became a Reds fan (boo) and Stephen Smith aka FutureAngels, well, good riddance. That guy was a dick!  

Welcome back (home) @JVel17 ! Nice to see an old "face"....

Thanks for welcoming me back Chuckster70 (fka chuckyy)!  This is a very nice site you created.  I also like that it has moderators which I happen to believe is a necessary feature that keeps everything, well, moderated 👍...  

Also, thank you too Angelsjunky for welcoming me!

Can't believe BigDel is no longer an Angels fan...  His SUV in the late 90s or early 2000's was periwinkle (custom painted) due to the Angels team color when under Disney ownership...  To each their own though...

I am also sorry to hear about Pablo and Salome...  Rest in peace...  🙏

Edited by JVel17
mention of Pablo and Salome (rest in peace)

• 2 months later...

In light of Twitter possibly going down I finally made a profile here. I’m Nick, from Yorba Linda though I haven’t lived there for 15 years, been an Angels fan since I was a kid, used to go to games with family around ‘04-‘06, kind of lost interest in baseball from ‘07-‘13 and regained a love for it in ‘14 never stopped loving the Angels though!

Just now, N-From-OC said:

In light of Twitter possibly going down I finally made a profile here. I’m Nick, from Yorba Linda though I haven’t lived there for 15 years, been an Angels fan since I was a kid, used to go to games with family around ‘04-‘06, kind of lost interest in baseball from ‘07-‘13 and regained a love for it in ‘14 never stopped loving the Angels though!

Welcome to AngelsWin.com, Nick!! Thank you for the short bio. 

You're going to love it here. Please let us know if you need help with anything. 

Go Halos!