• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman verdict

Let's also remember that it was where martin was, according to gz, that made him suspicious. According to him, he was not using the sidewalk or street but going behind town homes. I'm sorry but if true, that should make anyone suspicious. So when bbmom say he was just walking on the street, well that might or might not be true.

A f*cked up story all around.

I do think GZ probably feared for his life when he was getting his ass kicked, but he never should have been in that situation to begin with.

He's now sentenced to a lifetime of looking over his shoulder for angry, overzealous "neighborhood watchmen".  Fitting and deserving.

I guess it comes down to who you think was acting in self defense. The 17 year old kid who chose a path off the road (I'm sure none of us has ever done that) and was confronted by some strange asshat who had been following him or the self appointed defender of the community who could have chosen many different options other than confrontation but was obviously feeling empowered by his lofty position and lead dispensing partner in the fight against strangers walking in shadows.

why is it hard to believe that both people responded inappropriately?  

It's a tragedy, and Zimmerman certainly was at least partially responsible for Martin's death.

Because it's easier for people to swallow a black-and-white, hero vs. villain story.

I guess it comes down to who you think was acting in self defense. The 17 year old kid who chose a path off the road (I'm sure none of us has ever done that) and was confronted by some strange asshat who had been following him or the self appointed defender of the community who could have chosen many different options other than confrontation but was obviously feeling empowered by his lofty position and lead dispensing partner in the fight against strangers walking in shadows.

Thats the thing about being on a path off the road. Not having fences to mark off territory is normal lots of places outside of California.

There's a story out there that states how in time between trayvons death and the jury verdict there were 11,600 deaths of blacks by blacks. I'll see if I can find the article.

I wonder where all the social outrage about these deaths has been.