• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman verdict

It's a big story to a pretty large group of americans.  Regardless, the prosecution really messed this up and it makes me wonder if they really wanted to convict this guy.

How did the prosecution mess this up?  There was so much circumstantial evidence and the prosecution's witnesses did them no favors.

I don't think that had anything to do with the verdict.

The prosecution should have concentrated on manslaughter the entire time.  It's all they could really prove.

Agreed. Charging 2nd degree in the first place I suspect was only done to try to scare Zimmerman into accepting a plea deal and avoiding trial. 

This whole thing is so dumb.  Everyone clamors for justice and then when the man goes to trial and gets acquitted they riot.  If it were the other way around and a black man were on trial for killing a (not black) man in the same circumstances they would all be cheering.

Idiots here in LA protesting have shut down the 110 freeway because they are throwing bottles.

Traffic here is bad enough. GTF off the damn freeways.

Exactly. Your right to protest doesn't trump my right to drive. I'm okay with the police being heavy handed in getting these idiots off the freeways.

It's fascinating to me in these moments how when people don't get the verdict they wanted that they cry so loud about how broken the system is.

If they want to be upset, they should direct their anger at the prosecution for not doing a better job.

I like all these cherubic pics of Martin.  Does anyone recall seeing pictures of him before the tragedy?  Forget the boy scout image, but the MSM wants you to see a young boy scout with a terrific smile.  His pics at the time of death are those of a thug.    

I like all these cherubic pics of Martin.  Does anyone recall seeing pictures of him before the tragedy?  Forget the boy scout image, but the MSM wants you to see a young boy scout with a terrific smile.  His pics at the time of death are those of a thug.    

So he deserved to be shot dead....amirite?   **** that stupid ass thug 17 year old for walking down the street.  I don't effing know who he is so I am gonna follow him and shoot him if he looks at me cross eyed.

A 17 year old boy is dead and all you people care about is that the freeways are backed up?

I am not saying that the jury got it wrong, but the law in Florida is wrong.  I don't think anyone should be rioting over this.  I think they should be doing what they can to change the law so this doesn't happen again.  

And this is why I can't post in this forum.  Because this 17 year old boy is MY son...walking down the street.  Followed by the neighborhood watch guy who didn't recognize him....who thought he might be in danger....and was shot dead. 

My son used to walk late at night to wherever...Taco Bell, 7-11, you name it.  I didn't worry about it until Trayvon.

Your son (hopefully) doesn't do drugs, have a gun, etc. Trayvon wasn't an angel like the media makes him out to be.

Should he be dead? Absolutely not. Should Zimmerman have gotten manslaughter? Probably.

Idiots protesting and disrupting the peace do no good. A peaceful protest with no confrontations makes a point.

/end

I know....There seems to be a difference of opinion on the subject.  Was he targeted because he was black? Or just because he wan an unknown in the neighborhood?  I have had the argument here before.  Lifetime said that he would have followed my kid in his neighborhood if he didn't know who he was.   

Your son (hopefully) doesn't do drugs, have a gun, etc. Trayvon wasn't an angel like the media makes him out to be.

Should he be dead? Absolutely not. Should Zimmerman have gotten manslaughter? Probably.

Idiots protesting and disrupting the peace do no good. A peaceful protest with no confrontations makes a point.

/end

What if my son smoked pot? And was walking through the neighborhood on his way home to his father?  Just because the neighborhood watch guy doesn't know my son personally, does that give him the right to follow my son?  And shoot him?

/end

Did Trayvon have a gun?