• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tired of the negativity

On 3/26/2024 at 7:14 PM, angelsfan100 said:

Can we just have fun? I'm not telling people how to "fan" or whatever, but constant negativity is getting quite old and tired. Yes, Arte sucks and needs to sell the team. But how about we just enjoy some Angels baseball? I see probably more negativity on social media than I do here. However, it's just growing tiresome. 

lol

Can we just have fun? I'm not telling people how to "fan" or whatever, but constant negativity is getting quite old and tired. Yes, Arte sucks and needs to sell the team. But how about we just enjoy some Angels baseball? I see probably more negativity on social media than I do here. However, it's just growing tiresome. 

Hard to enjoy being outscored 24-7 in the first two games of the year. There are no rose-colored glasses that can fix that. 

3 hours ago, Mark68 said:

Can we just have a rotation of Detmers & Silseth, plz?

Lets wait until Silseth pitches tomorrow before we let him join Detmers in the Angels “ace” club.

After tomorrow, we will know if he is potential bobblehead material.

"Can we just have fun?" In a word, no. If you want rah-rah, no negativity, then feel free to start your own forum and see if anybody stays on it. Reminds me of the official college football fan sites that kick anyone off who dares to say anything negative. You are free to talk about the team, as long as you are totally optimistic. Screw that. Part of being on a team message board means discussing various aspects of the team - not just the ones that we like. Unfounded optimism isn't true discussion, and it isn't what I come here for.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

26 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

"Can we just have fun?" In a word, no. If you want rah-rah, no negativity, then feel free to start your own forum and see if anybody stays on it. Reminds me of the official college football fan sites that kick anyone off who dares to say anything negative. You are free to talk about them team, as long as you are totally optimistic. Screw that. Part of being on a team message board means discussing various aspects of the team - not just the ones that we like. Unfounded optimism isn't true discussion, and it isn't what I come here for.

Easy for you to say... you're part owner of the Braves.

They're very shitty and being shitty is fine if there is an intent behind the shittiness and a plan, but there is no plan. They're just shitty because they're shitty. This season and next, and the following are going to be really shitty.

Im tired of losing baseball from a team that doesnt seem to care and is getting worse instead of better.
You do you, but when this teams cares again, ill care about this team.  
Even a rebuild would be better than what weve been doing, i could support that, at least its a plan. 

15 minutes ago, floplag said:

Im tired of losing baseball from a team that doesnt seem to care and is getting worse instead of better.
Even a rebuild would be better than what weve been doing, i could support that, at least its a plan. 

I don't think you understand how much of a rebuild this team has undergone.

The only three steps that could have taken place for a full tear down was

1) Trade Trout but he won't allow it.

2) Trade Ohtani but no owner would have done that

3) Trade Rendon but no team would take him

Those were the only high priced assets the Angels had to move, everything else had no talent return.

So Minasian went with smaller trades like Syndergaard and the Caveman and got a reasonable return. Drafted as best that could be expected and those top picks are all in the lineup.

Outside of Anderson the starting pitching staff is under 28 years old and mostly in house. The infield is going to be stabilized for the next 5 years with Neto, Schanuel and O'Hoppe with still more coming from the minors for infield depth. The outfield is set, once Washington gets over Hicks as a starter. These are all young guys from the organization.

What the fuck more of an overhaul do think needs to happen? 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Those were the only high priced assets the Angels had to move, everything else had no talent return.

So Minasian went with smaller trades like Syndergaard and the Caveman and got a reasonable return. Drafted as best that could be expected and those top picks are all in the lineup.

Outside of Anderson the starting pitching staff is under 28 years old and mostly in house. The infield is going to be stabilized for the next 5 years with Neto, Schanuel and O'Hoppe with still more coming from the minors for infield depth. The outfield is set, once Washington gets over Hicks as a starter. These are all young guys from the organization.

There are several players currently on this roster that would’ve been shipped out if the team was truly committing to a rebuild

12 minutes ago, mmc said:

There are several players currently on this roster that would’ve been shipped out if the team was truly committing to a rebuild

This now is the base for which Minasian can build a final team with next year. The core of one year/rookies will develop and there will be no more need for a Sano or Hicks next season. The budget will be there for a starter or maybe even a star infielder. 

None of you get that the tear down phase is over. This is the build point. 

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

This now is the base for which Minasian can build a final team with next year. The core of one year/rookies will develop and there will be no more need for a Sano or Hicks next season. The budget will be there for a starter or maybe even a star infielder. 

None of you get that the tear down phase is over. This is the build point. 

I get that it very likely is over.  My point is that it really shouldn't be

1 hour ago, floplag said:

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Fun fact: If you ignore the team and not watch them, this stuff becomes meaningless. 

On 3/31/2024 at 5:39 PM, PattyD22 said:

Lets wait until Silseth pitches tomorrow before we let him join Detmers in the Angels “ace” club.

After tomorrow, we will know if he is potential bobblehead material.

Yeah, on second thought, I retract my statement. Silseth has come down with Patrick Sandoval Syndrome.