• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tired of the negativity

16 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

Yeah, on second thought, I retract my statement. Silseth has come down with Patrick Sandoval Syndrome. 

He didn’t pitch that great today.  He was the victim of a physical error, a mental error, and lack of command, even though he had a lot of strikeouts for only pitching 3 innings.

I will chalk it up to first game nerves, but he needs to work ahead in the count.

He’s got a long way to go before he gets labeled as a Sandoval head case.

23 hours ago, Blarg said:

I don't think you understand how much of a rebuild this team has undergone.

The only three steps that could have taken place for a full tear down was

1) Trade Trout but he won't allow it.

2) Trade Ohtani but no owner would have done that

3) Trade Rendon but no team would take him

Those were the only high priced assets the Angels had to move, everything else had no talent return.

So Minasian went with smaller trades like Syndergaard and the Caveman and got a reasonable return. Drafted as best that could be expected and those top picks are all in the lineup.

Outside of Anderson the starting pitching staff is under 28 years old and mostly in house. The infield is going to be stabilized for the next 5 years with Neto, Schanuel and O'Hoppe with still more coming from the minors for infield depth. The outfield is set, once Washington gets over Hicks as a starter. These are all young guys from the organization.

What the fuck more of an overhaul do think needs to happen? 

I get what youre trying to say, and youre not wrong, but those steps you listed are thee ones that would have escalated it and made a difference.  Maybe not Rendon but there is no reason to not have traded Ohtani and at this point Trout, the man deserves better.
Now were looking at the 5-10 years of sucking plan, a la Hou and Bal, before we are relevant.  Which is fine i guess but again i dont want that to be Trouts legacy, or this teams with him.
No owner would have done that, is not a valid excuse.  It isnt like he isnt viewed as the worst or one of at this point anyway he had literally no reason not to.

They are 2 - 2 having played a great and a terrible team. So it kind of averages out. If they take this series they finish this swing over .500. Without yet being at home and settled into a routine off the field. 

It was a bit of a shock to the system with back to back blowouts, but things have stabilized seemingly. And once/if the cold players start waking up it should get better. 

Negativity to some degree was a natural reflex after the first two games but those are past and it's what's ahead that now matters.